Thread: Chad Sexton

User Info Menu

Default Chad Sexton

Chad Sexton

Drummer: Chad Sexton
    Main Style: Alternative Rock/Reggae Rock
    Main Band: 311
    Brief Summary: Chad along with high school friends from Omaha, Nebraska started 311 and released their first record "Music" in 1993. 311 has put out 10 studio albums, numerous EPs, a few DVDs and continues to tour presently. He started as a jazz and drum corps drummer and has some amazing chops, not to mention a killer set.

More Famous Drummers

User Info Menu

Default Re: Chad Sexton

As a huge 311 fan, I'm glad I got to start Chad's thread. I've seen them live 30+ times and he kills it every time. Unbelievably technical, fast and tight. His solo during the concerts in the middle of "Applied Science" incorporates the whole band....it's really something to see.

User Info Menu

Rock on man! Chad's been a big influence for me ever since I first listened to Grassroots back in 94 or so. I've been lucky to get pit tickets the last two years in a row- incredible!

I do miss his snare sound though- the fat deep sound he went for on the last album/tour just isn't right!

User Info Menu

Chad Sexton is awesome...one of my biggest influences for sure. I have every 311 album but I have yet to see them live. They came through my area just a few weeks ago but I already had a commitment on that day/time. Definitely would love to go to one of their concerts though if I ever get the chance.
    Matt

User Info Menu

I missed out on them for years, and still kick myself for not seeing them earlier. You OWE it to yourself to see them next time through! They put on such a great show and are such cool people- for example:

Pnut is such a cool down to earth dude, chats with me every now and then. And tell me this isn't a good time - Applied Science drum solo, from the pit:

https://www.facebook.com/v/3937993821508

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialAnthony View Post
    Rock on man! Chad's been a big influence for me ever since I first listened to Grassroots back in 94 or so. I've been lucky to get pit tickets the last two years in a row- incredible!

I do miss his snare sound though- the fat deep sound he went for on the last album/tour just isn't right!
    Yeah I know what you mean. His early snare sound was sooooo badass!

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    Chad Sexton is awesome...one of my biggest influences for sure. I have every 311 album but I have yet to see them live. They came through my area just a few weeks ago but I already had a commitment on that day/time. Definitely would love to go to one of their concerts though if I ever get the chance.
    Dude. Go to a show. Seriously, it's an awesome time. Like I said, I'm on show 30 and have no plans to stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialAnthony View Post
    I missed out on them for years, and still kick myself for not seeing them earlier. You OWE it to yourself to see them next time through! They put on such a great show and are such cool people- for example:

Pnut is such a cool down to earth dude, chats with me every now and then. And tell me this isn't a good time - Applied Science drum solo, from the pit:

https://www.facebook.com/v/3937993821508
    I've met some of the coolest people I know at 311 shows. And +1 for PNut, the guy is such an awesome person. Amazing bass player and very down to earth.

User Info Menu

Grew up in the same scene back in Omaha. I have a few items from him , but here is a pic of a prize possession...

User Info Menu

That is awesome!

User Info Menu

I'd have to admit I haven't heard a helluva lot of 311's tunes, but the stuff that I have.....oh man, Chad is indeed an amazing player. I tip my hat to him.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Dude- check out the Grassroots album! Awesome place to start if you really want to hear some great Sexton beats.

User Info Menu