Thread: upgrading soon

User Info Menu

Default upgrading soon

ill probably upgrade to a new drumset soon, after about a year of having this one (im on month 7) from my sub-entry level drumset , so what im looking for is a set that is a little above intermediate but not pro
    like i dont want a masters or anything, but i dont want an export either, and i dont want to spend over 1000 dollars if i can

so here it is above intermediate below pro under 1000 and maple

thanks

User Info Menu

Sounds like Gretsch Catalina would be a good choice to check out, I'm sure there are others.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    ill probably upgrade to a new drumset soon, after about a year of having this one (im on month 7) from my sub-entry level drumset , so what im looking for is a set that is a little above intermediate but not pro
    like i dont want a masters or anything, but i dont want an export either, and i dont want to spend over 1000 dollars if i can

so here it is above intermediate below pro under 1000 and maple

thanks
    i would go for a used pro kit for a grand.

User Info Menu

ya i was kind of thinking about the catalina, but funky where are some good places to get these used pro kits and which ones would you suggest?

User Info Menu

i just saw a pearl blx 6pc in near mint condision for under a grand on ebay. it also happens to be in nashville tn. same kit as mine except birch. the same drums as a new masters studio kit. but with the older long lug casings and 2.3flanged hoops instead of die cast.
    guitar center is also great about wanting to move used trade in kits. i recently saw a 6 pc gretsch renown and a 7 pc starclassic performer both for under a grand.
    being near nashville you should have no problem finding a good pro kit for cheap. people have thier dreams shattered and just quit playing on a daily basis there.

User Info Menu

couldnt find it, but ill check out forks drum closet and guitar center

User Info Menu

here ya go.....
    this is a baddass kit righ here
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PEARL-ALL-BIRCH-...QQcmdZViewItem
    i ws going by memory, guess it in in hendersonville

User Info Menu

dang those look good, but i donno if i can do ebay, without trying them, and they are birch, but that would be incredible thanks

any more suggestions?

User Info Menu

im not up to date with all the good drum sets at all but the catalina one sounds promising.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    i just saw a pearl blx 6pc in near mint condision for under a grand on ebay. it also happens to be in nashville tn. same kit as mine except birch. the same drums as a new masters studio kit. but with the older long lug casings and 2.3flanged hoops instead of die cast.
    guitar center is also great about wanting to move used trade in kits. i recently saw a 6 pc gretsch renown and a 7 pc starclassic performer both for under a grand.
    being near nashville you should have no problem finding a good pro kit for cheap. people have thier dreams shattered and just quit playing on a daily basis there.
    lol how sad. (the dreams part) i think this would be your best choice, however im always a little cautious or paranoid when it comes to used gear
    Teach me

User Info Menu

same, especially ebay, my parents dont buy anything off there, so i doubt they would let me

User Info Menu

i threw that one out there cuz it was in your state. owning the maple version of those, i would buy them in a heartbeat. they are a better quality than ANY intemediate maple or birch kit on the market. i mean it too, these are PRO quality badass drums. these are the same drums tommy lee and every other big pearl endorser used till the new design masters with the smaller lugs and cast hoops came out. there isnt anything wrong with birch drums especially the quality of birch that pearl uses on its masters series kits. no quality difference, only that birch has a little more high and middle attack to the sound. many many great producers prefer to use birch drums because of its "naturally EQed" sound. the yamaha birch recording customs areone of the highest selling and most recorded drum kits of all time.

User Info Menu

i know, i wasnt dissing birch, but i wasnt planning on buying that one, even though it had an amazing price

User Info Menu

just an idea of the quality thats out there if you dont mind used. i was also in the market for a new intermediate kit when i found mine. i would bet forks would have some nice used kits, like you said.

User Info Menu

still need some help guys please!!!!!!

User Info Menu

CC, you seem to be ruling out the used kit option, so have you been to GC and Fork's to check out the various sounds of the kits? Have you checked the different finish options on the various kits to narrow down the look that you really want. I know that looks should be secondary, but what if you liked a Gretsch kit and a Pearl kit, but only one came in the color that you really wanted. You know that would help make the decision! You know I'm a Gretsch Catalina maple fan, but if it doesn't come in a color that you love, I wouldn't recommend it. So give us you dream color, CC!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!