Thread: drum line

User Info Menu

Default drum line

in drum line, what exactly do you do? just practice rudiments and then apply all of them into some sort of comingled music thing with trumpets and such.. LOL

User Info Menu

Know what I do in a drum line? I just look really old!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

easy on yourself PB! with your determination i but you could be up their with all those smokin fast drumline doods too!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kind words, Lafirin!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

The drumline basiucally supports the band ,we really dont do much at my school, but we practice our cadences in cicrcles trying to get on the same hand, same alternative, when we have a song with rudiments like a paradiddlediddle the director may stop and ask us to play them over and over
    Last edited by Ch33zz; 08-03-2007 at 12:14 AM.

User Info Menu

that sounds fun!! i wanna go in drumline:D

User Info Menu

We do rudiments when I am being taught by the school teacher, but when we're playing with the band (trumpets, etc) we mostly play basic back beats. I mostly play the bass drum because it's easy and fun to hit those LOUD accents and playing the bass drums is quite easy compared to what the other guys do on the snare drum.

User Info Menu

If your referring to a marching drum line that competes, like in a drum corp or competitive marching band, they are judged on doing everything the same. If you have 5 snares in a line they all have to be playing with the same sticking, stick heights matched, etc. It is a visual thing as well as musical. To play that together so that it not only sounds the same but looks the same takes a ton of practice as a group. Drum Corp shows actually have an extended drum solo where the drum line gets to show their stuff, it's really pretty amazing to watch and hear.

User Info Menu

i wonder how much the drum corps people pratice to get all ensync. (the realy good people)

User Info Menu

I played with a couple of corps years ago, we practiced as a group twice a week, one weeknight four about 3-4 hours, and then all day on Saturday. This went on all year round. With short breaks around Christmas & New Years.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    i wonder how much the drum corps people pratice to get all ensync. (the realy good people)
    Well, according to my mentor, (An aged out cadets tenor player)

You leave that weekend after school ends, and go out to your camps (tryouts start in novemember) at your camps you being working everyday all day, occasionally you get a few breaks to come home, then you come back a week before school begins again

Yup, thats what happens when your in the line

User Info Menu

i had a huntch it was something like that.. wow so becoming that good doesnt come with an hour practice every week does it? lol

User Info Menu

Haha, to be on a level 1 core, theres no such thing as learning, those drummers are expected to know how to play everything, of course they get practice, but their not expected to go, ok so how do you play a sextuplet?

They work on getting it all together

User Info Menu

I dont even know how to a sextuplet lol.

User Info Menu

rlrlrl rlrlrl rlrlrl rlrlrl

User Info Menu

easy enough lol

User Info Menu

yea, i cant do sextuplets either, i know its 6 counts, but i dont know how you count it out, like a 16th - 1 e and ah