Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HUGE Drumset

User Info Menu

Default Re: HUGE Drumset

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Hi Russ, If you were asking me...it's 6' 1"
    Ohh, yeah any shorter and that kit would be impossible to manage i'd think.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

Larrysperf Guest

My kit is big enough

User Info Menu

I see it this way. The age old thing about big or little drum sets is like the difference between driving a Mack truck or a Corvette.

The truck is really MACHO, no doubt about it, but driving a corvette is......

well, a whole lot SEXIER!

LOL

all the best...

User Info Menu

I have a fairly large kit.9 Piece kit plus a pair of octobans. I use 5 crashes 1 splash and soon to be 5 China's plus 1 ride and a pair of hats. I have mine set up as 4 up 3 down.
    I have the Pearl Icon Curved rack which has kept my kit looking neat and easy to play,don't have to over reach to hit anything. I have been considering adding in a 5th tom and an 18" rack extension to mount the tom,which would be a 14",but I keep talking myself out of it since it is already big enough and takes a while to clean.
    I rarely move my kit and don't gig or play in a band but if I did,I would cut back on what I took to a gig.Probably 3 up 2 down 3 crashes 2 China's ride hats and splash. I have always been a fan of bigger kits and I did try to use a smaller one and couldn't get used to it.I found myself trying to hit cymbals or drums that weren't there.Big mess for me.
    I do use every piece of my kit or I would not waste money on buying the piece.
    When I started my current Yamaha kit,it was suppose to stay small and well that didn't work.The add ons were much cheaper then I thought and it just grew in size to what it is now. I still like buying cymbals but it's getting to the point I have no where else to pt any.I think I bought my last cymbal today and if I buy anymore I will be switching cymbals around and storing the ones I don't use.Can't ever have enough cymbals.I like the way mine is set up and I am not limited to what songs I can play.
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    I see it this way. The age old thing about big or little drum sets is like the difference between driving a Mack truck or a Corvette.

The truck is really MACHO, no doubt about it, but driving a corvette is......

well, a whole lot SEXIER!

LOL

all the best...
    Very poor analogy. That is if the Mack truck represents the large kit and the Vette represents the small kit. I'd take the Vette over the truck any day, but not the small kit over the larger one. But maybe I'm getting it wrong.
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 03-27-2013 at 05:37 AM.