Thread: kinda cool pic....

User Info Menu

Default kinda cool pic....

this is from show awhile back, opening for doro pesch and chris caffery.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Not just kinda cool, Funky. I was wondering, though, if that fence around the stage was to keep you in, or the audience out?! "Let's get ready to rrrrumble!!"
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

its the local heavy metal bar. they have alot of big rowdy shows there. the fence is a small attempt to keep people from jumping on stage.
    the drum kit under the tarp in the back belonged to johnee dee, drummer for doro. it was a 6 pc acrylic DW kit. only the 2nd one ive ever seen. the other belongs to tommy lee. it was a killer kit and he rocked it well.

User Info Menu

Fat cowboy singers FTW.

Please tell me you covered Pantera? XD
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

we did cowboys from hell..lol. pretty much because we were playing a rare metal show and also just cuz we can. usually the hardest we get is sabbath and ac/dc 70s type of hard rock.
    we are pretty much just your average run of the mill cover/bar band. the best in the area, but still just a coverband none the less. we were surprised when we were asked to do this show. it was alot of fun. chris caffery from savatage and the trans siberian orchestra was incredible and a super nice dude. of course it was also very cool meeting doro pesch. i pretty much had the hots for her since i was 13yo, back in her warlock days. she is still hot as hell.

User Info Menu

nice...
    so you guys write your own music as well?...
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

naw, i have a couple other original projects that i work on too. this band here is about getting payed to play great classic tunes. i have played in several cool original bands and had alot of fun, played with some beautiful musicians and wrote some cool songs....never made a dime, and was lucky to play a show a month. this band keeps me busy and workin 4 sometimes 5 nights a week. there just isn't any market for progressive original music around here, i'm in KANSAS. ya know that ONE guy at every show that stands in the back and screams FREEEEEEE BIRD? i live in a whole state full of that guy. so we do alot of classic rock, southern rock and blues stuff.

User Info Menu

Oh man, I love Free Bird. Funky, I just might be that guy!

Actually, there was a guy playing locally (student from the Middle Tennessee State University), and I asked for "American Pie." Of course, he was doing acoustic, so Free Bird really wasn't an option.
    Last edited by pastor_bob; 08-03-2007 at 04:45 PM.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

I gotch your freebird... (he-heh)

User Info Menu

Roflol!!! Good one, drummer!!!

User Info Menu

Hey funky! cool photo. I really liked Warlock and Doro has the best female voice in the business. Must of been a rush opening up for her!! nice one

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I gotch your freebird... (he-heh)
    ding ding...correct answer.
    hold that finger up high and tell em free bird, no charge.

User Info Menu

If I said it for drummer, I'll say it for you, Funky . . .

roflol Good one, dude!!!

User Info Menu

i've accually had a guy charge the stage when i did that. my kit took care of the light work for me, as the drunken biker fell face first into my rack and gashed his entire head open (no damage to kit). this was back in the metal band days. as you can imagine the crowd finished the guy off quickly.