Thread: what should i get

User Info Menu

Question what should i get

im just going to shut up about products i know i keep saying im thinking about getting this and that but i want your opinion on what i should get my budjets around 1000 i want something with deeper toms possibly a bigger set like the pearl export joeyj set although i also like smaller 4 pice sets what should i get?

User Info Menu

i bet you could find a used 5 pc. pearl masters for around 1000.
    here is one i saw and recomended to coke can. i wish i could buy this one myself.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PEARL-ALL-BIRCH-...QQcmdZViewItem
    nice big sizes, all birch shell...i dont think you could get a bigger rock sounding kit.
    if not these, there always deals like this around on great used pro kits.
    as far as new kits go i would rank the top 5 like this.....
    1. catalina
    2. sonor force 3007
    3. mapex pro-m
    4. yamaha tour custom
    5. pearl vision

there are also lots of other good kits i would rank just under those like, export custom, yamaha stage custom, higher end ludwig accent kits...ect

it is a big toss up between the force 3007 and the catalina for me. the sonor wins in the features department, but catalina wins in the tone department.

User Info Menu

Get yourself a Mapex Pro M. Mine sound like a beauty (better now that I've got a teacher teaching me how to play).
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Default maybe

i was thinking about the pro m?

User Info Menu

Roachmon, do you have a music store near you so that you could hear the different set? If you do, that's a decent way to help you make up you mind. It's great to ask us our opinions, but at some point you will be the one making to final call. We can help you narrow it down, but you should make the final decision based on the sond that you like.

Oh, and BTW, Gretsch Catalina maple!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default i know

i know im pissing everbody off too the point that they want to explode i just dont want to make the wrong disician

User Info Menu

we all understand. im sure you arent pissing anyone off.

User Info Menu

Well . . .

OK, not really!!! Hey we all know that selecting a kit is a big moment. Been there, done that! You ask any question you need to ask, and vent when you need to vent. We're here!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Catalina if you can get it, Pro M if you can't xD
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...