Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Drummer on the Way

User Info Menu

Default New Drummer on the Way

Hey everybody, I just heard from my daughter. She is currently in labor, and getting very close to delivering my first grandchild - Kristina Ruth Smither! Just wanted to share the moment with my drumming friends!

I'll be heading for California for 10 days on the 8th. Can't wait!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Congratulations to you and your family PB! Awesome news!

User Info Menu

Cool New Drummer on the Way

Hey, PB, you can do what I did when the son of the leader of our church guitar group turned one year old--I bought him his very own pair of bongo drums! It's a relatively inexpensive pair of wood bongos--not tunable--but he loves them and he's getting better when he plays on my congas as we rehearse just before our church service. The little dude turns two next month, and he's already "the littlest bongobro!"

Besides, we need to start a new generation of female drummers!

Congratulations!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

great, congrats. first grandchild?

User Info Menu

Congrattz PB! How old are you again?

User Info Menu

Yes, Funky, it's my first grandchild. I'm one very proud gandpa, even though I don't feel old enough to be one! BTW, Ch33zz, that "old enough" would be 52.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

As ive said in another thread, CONGRATULATIONS! How wonderfull for you!

You HAVE to get him some sticks for his 1st birthday. Or when its olde enough to grab things.
    Last edited by vinnysimmo; 08-04-2007 at 09:11 AM.

User Info Menu

Congratulations PB, Hope the delivery is quick and uneventful, and your trip to see your new granddaughter is a safe one.

User Info Menu

Talking

Official Update:

Kristina Ruth Smither entered this world at 8:48 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (California time for my international friends). She weighed in at 8 lbs, 2 ozs.
    Momma is exhausted, but very happy, and Kristina is happy and healthy!

Thanks for all your good wishes!!

User Info Menu

Great News PB!! Congratulations again

User Info Menu

Wohoo. We have a GrandDad among the ranks.

User Info Menu

my oldest is 15 and i am 34. i told him i would kill him if i'm a grandpa before 40.

User Info Menu

thats awsome man!!! good luck

User Info Menu

Congrats again PB and this time its official. All the best with the "new" addition to the family!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    my oldest is 15 and i am 34. i told him i would kill him if i'm a grandpa before 40.
    wow funky you were young when you had your first born. That really is awesome. You guys must have plenty of fun together coz ur both still young. Your son is lucky to have a young dad too. Oh but the chances of you being a grandad before 40 is above 50% lol

User Info Menu

Cool New Drummer (formerly on the way) Is HERE!

Congratulations PB!

Give Kristina Ruth and her mom a hug for me!

There is now no debate over who the youngest member of DrumChat is today! (It may be a few years before she can post herself, but I bet Grandpa's gonna help her along the way!)

(P.S.: Our guitar group had a lively Mass last evening, and the "littlest bongobro" was banging the congas during rehearsal. This morning, the group leader spoke during the early service, in which I help lead the choir's songs. His grandma reported he was clapping to the beat on our closing hymn, "Soon and Very Soon." Later, the leader told me when that when they got home from church last night, the little guy got his bongos, came to the kitchen, and serenaded Mommy with a bongo concert as she fixed dinner!

Nothing like starting the music young!)

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Very cool, BB. If God puts it in your, then you might as well let it out!

User Info Menu

Congratz PB!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Yes, Funky, it's my first grandchild. I'm one very proud gandpa, even though I don't feel old enough to be one! BTW, Ch33zz, that "old enough" would be 52.

Ok, i thought i read you were 34 somewhere

User Info Menu

well id say hes 34, i mean it looks 34 in his avatar

User Info Menu

Thanks guys! You both made my day with that one!! Shoot, you might even have made my week!!!

User Info Menu

Lol from memory it was 25 plus many months...i dunno he just cant make his mind up

User Info Menu

Anything less than 52 works for me, LW80 . . . anything less than 52! I still am having a hard time with the idea that I'm going to be called "grandpa."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Thanks guys! You both made my day with that one!! Shoot, you might even have made my week!!!

Youve just become a granddad and some little comliments made your week? PRIORITES!

User Info Menu

Good point Vinny! Thanks for the reality check!!