Thread: Richard Bailey

User Info Menu

Default Richard Bailey

I have a friend that is very sick and, because he is very fond of Jeff Beck, I am making him copies of MFSL Gold CDs, BLOW BY BLOW and WIRED.

Richard Bailey is just WOW as the drummer for both of these releases (along with Michael Walden)..............I remember well the first time I listened to BBB and thought......."OMG.......who is that drummer ???"

To this day, his style sounds unique and fresh...........well done.

For any of you younger guys that have never heard (or heard of) Richard Bailey, find a copy of BLOW BY BLOW and check out an award winning rock-fusion pioneer performance from Jeff Beck and all his support players, including Richard Bailey..............a masterpiece of an album from 1975.

BTW, did you know that BBB and WIRED were both produced by George Martin ?

-----------------

See more Famous Drummers
    Last edited by Ricardo; 10-17-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Richard Bailey

Sorry to hear about your friend being sick Ricardo. I'll definitely have to check out Richard Bailey
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I hope your friend gets well soon.

As for Richard Bailey, he is, by far, 1 of the better drummers of the era.

User Info Menu

Blow By Blow is an great album and you're an amazing friend for doing what you're doing. I wish him all the luck in the world for a speedy recovery.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Blow By Blow is an great album and you're an amazing friend for doing what you're doing. I wish him all the luck in the world for a speedy recovery.
    WOW.............Rich, Bob and Rick...........thanks a ton.
    My friend is one of the two best guitar-players that I have had the pleasure of working with. This guy (John) joined our fledgling band that was struggling along for months with the wrong guitarist...........we fired the wrong guy and - through another friend - I contacted John to see if he would be interested in a jam. He had also just left a band (a really good one) because he was given the role of bass-player and he would rather play lead guitar.
    He showed up the first night to jam and rehearse; we knew some common songs and within the first thirty minutes, everyone in the room was inspired..............this was going to work out fine. We played together the next two years in many gigs in the Dallas area............we had all the latest arena rock songs down well.............loved it !

Recently John was having vision problems and went to see the doctors.........they informed him that he had a grape-sized brain tumor that had to be removed. It was located in a place that was not difficult to get at.........the surgery was a success but John has lost vision in that right eye......he is now toughing it out through the battle with chemo and radiation............I send him his favorite music just to get his mind off the fight for a few minutes.

I wish you guys could hear John play the Fender Stratocaster.........awesome.

When we were in that band together in the late 70s, we played two tracks from BLOW BY BLOW ("You Know What I Mean" and "Freeway Jam")..............and it has always been a favorite album for both of us.

Thanks again for the kind words.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)