Thread: hard hit

User Info Menu

Default hard hit

how do you know if your a hard hitter? i dont think i am, but i have no way to tell... my parents say i should shut up sometimes with my drums but all drum are abnocchous if your hear them just by themselves. (only to none drum players of course )

User Info Menu

When you destroy cymbals in less than a year. >.> I payed $50 to get the cracks out of my crash cymbal, another $25 for my ride cymbal last year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    how do you know if your a hard hitter? i dont think i am, but i have no way to tell... my parents say i should shut up sometimes with my drums but all drum are abnocchous if your hear them just by themselves. (only to none drum players of course )
    how do you know your a hard hitter? when the friggin roof falls in.

drums-rock Guest

im sure im a hard hitter but never broke any cymbals or anything :S

oh yes as this is my 100th post I AM NOW A SENIOR MEMBER lol

User Info Menu

Congrats on your 100th post DR!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool hard hit

To borrow from Jeff Foxworthy:

You could be a hard hitter if--

your wood sticks look like they've been attached by an angry woodpecker...

your Ambassador pin stripes look like they got caught in a hailstorm...

your attach ear plugs to your band's business cards...

your drum shop knows how quickly you go through a case of 5B's...about once a month...

and (this is particularly true for hand drummers)...you shake hands with an older dude and he asks if you've done any bricklaying in your life!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

with the right technique and durable products you shouldnt really be damaging anything. when i first started, my sticks, after every jam, used to look like a woodpecker has been at them and on the floor, under the hi-hats, was all the dusted up chipped off pieces. Now my sticks last me a longer time and no more chipped off pieces. I am sure that I am hitting the drums more comfortably now with better technique and thats why less is getting damaged.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    To borrow from Jeff Foxworthy:

You could be a hard hitter if--

your wood sticks look like they've been attached by an angry woodpecker...

your Ambassador pin stripes look like they got caught in a hailstorm...

your attach ear plugs to your band's business cards...

your drum shop knows how quickly you go through a case of 5B's...about once a month...

and (this is particularly true for hand drummers)...you shake hands with an older dude and he asks if you've done any bricklaying in your life!

Quote Originally Posted by livewire80 View Post
    with the right technique and durable products you shouldnt really be damaging anything. when i first started, my sticks, after every jam, used to look like a woodpecker has been at them and on the floor, under the hi-hats, was all the dusted up chipped off pieces. Now my sticks last me a longer time and no more chipped off pieces. I am sure that I am hitting the drums more comfortably now with better technique and thats why less is getting damaged.
    if you send ear plugs with your buisness card! ROFL thats awsome BB!
    lol livewire woodchips? i used to get quit a bit of those inbetween my drums but not anymore, iv had the same pair of 5A's for about 6 mointhas now and there not that bad

User Info Menu

yer lol woodchips! I new something wasnt right after every jam but it didnt go away for a while and began to think it was normal....well not anymore coz no more woodchips but cleaner hits on the hi-hats and everything else.

User Info Menu

i guess it was because your stick was slanting on the edge of the high hat, thats what happend to me

User Info Menu

Default sticks for heavy players

Well, I got a pair of carbon-fibre sticks (A-heads) which cost around 25 pounds ($50) which takes AGES to chip and are fantastic for heavy players. After a year or two, they get chipped a bit with marks on them, but you can buy a new carbon-fibre tube that screws on (after un-screwing the chipped tube) for around 5 pounds ($10)
    ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▌▌▌▌▌▌▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▌▌▌▌▌▌

Drummers ARE musicians!!

User Info Menu

Sounds like you might be from across the pond, mate! Thanks for the input. Good to have you here!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

seems to the the carbon sticks don't give the same sound as wood though *just from my minimum knowledge on those sticks)

User Info Menu

Lol i learnt bad techinique breaks sticks not hard hitting too.... At least i hope thats right because i am a hard hitter and i changed my technique and im about to get new gear :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Right this is going to make me sound extremely dumb, but what does abnocchous mean?
    Listen, people, im sorry about the username. I know, its awful, but nevermind...

User Info Menu

Obnoxious means annoying. "abnocchous" is that same word REALLY badly spelt.

User Info Menu

Ohhh, obnoxious, yeah i get it now, thanks
    Listen, people, im sorry about the username. I know, its awful, but nevermind...

User Info Menu

LOL i wouldnt do any better