Thread: D to A converter

User Info Menu

Default D to A converter

So i am still working on my practice set up. This is what i have so far.

I have a great laptop with reaper and i loaded tommy igoe's grove essentials. At this time i will use a blue snowball usb mic for recording to reaper and then i will play along with some of the lessons on the cd from grove essentials. Then play back to see how i did.

I may also want to line in a metronome and just make a headphone mix. I also do not want to use the headphone jack as a output from the PC. I would rather use usb. I do have usb3.0 on this laptop.

All that being said i am looking for a small mixer like maybe a 4 channel and then i will need to convert the usb to analog for a line out. The question is should i get a separate converter like a NuForce Icon uDAC-2 and then a small mixer or all in one? For now this is just for practice to get more solid.

For what it's worth when i decide to mike the whole kit i will go a different route with a firepod.

User Info Menu

Default Re: D to A converter

Jut get a small I/O use the daw for the metronome and audio conversion .. Less things to buy = less headaches in the long run