Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tama hihat stands..

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tama hihat stands..

Quote Originally Posted by drumsetsnide View Post
    Very good choice on the pedals. I used the Iron Cobra's for 13 years and last year I bought the Speed Cobras and man, are they the bomb!! I have had the Lever Glide hi hat for about 13 years and I absolutely love it. I have never had anything go wrong with it. The only reason I would get the Speed Cobra (and I will soon) is to match the pedals on one set and use the Iron Cobras with the Lever Glide on the other set (to have matching gear). I know some guys are not loyal nor do they care for matching gear but I think it makes a set look very sharp and clean if it all matches.
    +1 on dat too.

User Info Menu

Very good choice on the pedals. I used the Iron Cobra's for 13 years and last year I bought the Speed Cobras and man, are they the bomb!! I have had the Lever Glide hi hat for about 13 years and I absolutely love it. I have never had anything go wrong with it. The only reason I would get the Speed Cobra (and I will soon) is to match the pedals on one set and use the Iron Cobras with the Lever Glide on the other set (to have matching gear). I know some guys are not loyal nor do they care for matching gear but I think it makes a set look very sharp and clean if it all matches.
    I like my hardware and pedals to match. I'm 100% Tama drums and hardware.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    I like my hardware and pedals to match. I'm 100% Tama drums and hardware.
    I have to be honest, while I am very loyal to Tama I have a Gretsch set that was handed down to me by my father (a 50's Round Badge) and I have several snares from other manufacturers (Gretsch, Ludwig and Tama). But for all new gear and sets I will always go to Tama and the majority of my drumming "career" I have always used Tama. Four of the five sets I have are Tama.

My thoughts and reasoning are, if it has not failed me why switch? If it has been good to me why switch? If it feels and looks good why switch? If the customer service is great why switch? If the stores, large and small, carry or can get parts if necessary why switch? If they have a great reputation in the industry why switch? And why mix and match stuff if the manufacturer makes all the hardware and gear you could ever want? And why mix and match when the manufacturer has several lines at different price points to accommodate a specific budget?

This is just my opinion and my choice.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

I've got a Tama Spartan Hihat stand, its a pretty impressive stand. but I have it for sale because I don't need it.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

I have to be honest, while I am very loyal to Tama I have a Gretsch set that was handed down to me by my father (a 50's Round Badge) and I have several snares from other manufacturers (Gretsch, Ludwig and Tama). But for all new gear and sets I will always go to Tama and the majority of my drumming "career" I have always used Tama. Four of the five sets I have are Tama.

My thoughts and reasoning are, if it has not failed me why switch? If it has been good to me why switch? If it feels and looks good why switch? If the customer service is great why switch? If the stores, large and small, carry or can get parts if necessary why switch? If they have a great reputation in the industry why switch? And why mix and match stuff if the manufacturer makes all the hardware and gear you could ever want? And why mix and match when the manufacturer has several lines at different price points to accommodate a specific budget?

This is just my opinion and my choice.
    Those are great points. For me, my first kit was a Tama Swingstar that I still own. It was a gift, I didn't choose it on my own. I liked it. It's high quality for an entry level kit. My Iron Cobras were given to me from a friend. They are probably 10 or 12 years old and perform flawlessly.

Now, Tama hardware. I find it to be absolutely top notch quality and adjustability....AND...the price is excellent, especially compared to other companies high end hardware. I have used other hardware and I prefer the look, feel, features and adjustability of Tama stuff.

Now, my Starclassic kit I got at an unreal price b/c a friend was hard up for cash. I love Tama drums and hardware. I would absolutely buy another Tama kit, and probably will some day. Having said that, I would also buy many other kits (DW, Mapex BP, Crush acrylics)

Now, would I buy any of those before another Tama? I don't know. Depends on the deal. I do think I can say with certainty that I won't sell my current Starclassic kit ever.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wr_stix View Post
    That'd work next time I'm playing baby butts. I do like DW pedals so sgtand to reason their 9000 hihat would be nice too. Hmmmm...
    I've had some experience with the DW hi-hat pedal and I was very pleased. However, I also really enjoyed the Tama Lever Glide HH905N which gives off the same comfort as that of the DW pedal. I've always played with the Tama Iron Cobras...so my decision wasn't that hard too make:P Both Hi-hat stands are marvelous!