Thread: Jammin once again!

User Info Menu

Default Jammin once again!

Found a second guitarist and had a good jam/practice last Sat. I missed it more than I thought. We are hoping to record some of our original music in the up coming months. I have just ordered the new Alesis multi mix mixer with firewire connection to the computer. Comes with the Cubase software program too. This sounds awesome to be able to dirrectly link to the computer. I have used Fostex 4 track and Tascam in the past. Both were cassette tape anolog. Very hard to learn all the uses of these. What would be considered decent mics at a decent price for drum overhead mics? I have drum mics but would like two stereo overheads as well. If and when we get something down I will post it on here.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

Alright! I made senior status
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Alright! I made senior status
    Congrats Bro, you deserve it!!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

Yea, congrats Dave, you're now a senior citizen.

User Info Menu

Good going Dave. Look forward to your input and critques. I'll be 50yrs young in a few weeks. Time marches on.

User Info Menu

The cubase softwear is great. We used it in my old band ffor our recording. Does a great job. But I used a Roland Electronic kit so I just did the midi signsl in thing. I'll e-mail my old band leader and get some info. for you. If you Like. I can't help you out on Miking the drums for. I know Shure 57's are OK.

User Info Menu

Thanks Timer, sorry for the slow responce, Ive been on vacation this last week. I did get the alesis mixer and cubase softwear and now just need to teach myself how to work it all. Hoping to try something this coming weekend.
    Rock Till Ya Drop