Thread: Jackie Swinging the Yamaha Stage Custom Kit

User Info Menu

Default Stage custom kit

Had a problem with the video. Natural Birch and Raven Black.
    Last edited by Jackie; 12-02-2012 at 01:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Jackie Swinging the Yamaha Stage Custom Kit

Just finished viewing it and Im impressed with how smooth you play and of course, your choice of drums is excellent as well. Your kit sounds good by the way~!
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks W Wright. It's a fairly new kit and has never been played out yet.
    It's a five piece kit, but I only like playing it as a 4 piece. It has the natural birch wood look, which I like because it's simple and clean looking. It's a 20 inch bass drum and I am not sure if I like the 20" or maybe I can pick up a 18" bass drum.

User Info Menu

I could not swing it like that. Nice work Jackie!

User Info Menu

Thanks Olimpass. It's fun trying new moves on the kit and see how it looks and sounds.

User Info Menu

That rocked, er swinged! I have that same kit with the 20" kick as well. This is the first time I've heard them tuned up like this. Sounds vintage / jazz. Versitile drum kit.

User Info Menu

Rock on Jackie, MY MAN.

User Info Menu

Thanks Rick and AreFish.

User Info Menu

I have this kit just in Raven Black and am kicking myself for not getting that finish instead.A little now after Spending somewhere around $2000 for the kit and add on toms,heck maybe more. But the kit is awesome sounding and looking. When the rare occasion comes around that it does get gigged,It gets compliments that it sounds really good. Not to rain on any ones parade about more expensive kits,but this kit ranks up there as one of the best deals for the money,add ons are cheap and come in several different sizes as you can tell from the ones I bought.There's more I could get.
    I have a standing offer to buy another 5 piece kit like it in Raven Black for $250 and I am really thinking about going for it.My son is 10 and wants to play and has started sitting behind my it.They are good friends of mine and said they will hold it for me until I get the cash. Their daughter drums in their band and uses a Yamaha SCA kit instead and she needs a new double kick pedal and throne.
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals