Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you watch the girls?

User Info Menu

Default Do you watch the girls?

Do you watch the girls when you play or are you totally focused on just drumming? Let's see who can be honest here.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Do you watch the girls?

In my country band I do... In my metal and rock stuff I can't...

The only two constants I have are DW and Zildjian.

User Info Menu

Only the ones worth watching.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

I'm usually watching my bandmates while I play. My bass player is fun to watch, because when she starts really feeling it, her face lights up with a great big smile. I keep an eye on our vocalist, because his head nod tells me a lot about what's happening next. The line up is changing now - the bass player is moving to lead guitar, the secondary rhythm guitar is moving to keyboard, and our sound guy plays bass, so he's stepping into that position - so I imagine I'll be watching my bandmates even more.

What I meant to say was, "Are there girls in the audience?"
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nechre View Post
    In my country band I do... In my metal and rock stuff I can't...
    + 1

Easy songs, yes; difficult songs, no.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I notice em ...although its difficult to focus on any particular one , except once in a while a gal will get on the dance floor in a "short" skirt - - dont know 'bout the rest of you guys, but I gotta take a few looks ... but kinda like Pastor Bob, mainly Im focused on the other band members...but after all these years of playing...I balance out watchin tha ladies and watchin my band mates... and the ladies are a LOT better lookin than my band mates...no contest there~!!!
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Come on Tom......you know how well a drummer's brain can multi-task without any trouble? Lol.

I dunno how fate has played a hand in this, but I can say I've rarely not played in a band with some pretty good looking female singer out front or as a backing singer (just counted....the current and past four or five bands I've been involved in all had female singers....then there were a few bands where there may not have been a female frontperson, but there were definitely female musicians, as well as the all-guy bands). Being the guy behind the kit or as a percussionist (again, behind a rig), and if you have that singer right in front of you, especially on those small, confined stages.....well, how could you not say that you're watching someone attractive all night?

Mind you...not exactly easy to execute that tricky fill or switch from congas to timbales when you get distracted by the back view of some of them, lol.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

I don't usually focus on any one person, unless they're focusing on me. If I see someone in the audience watching me, then I like to smile or pull faces at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Being the guy behind the kit or as a percussionist (again, behind a rig), and if you have that singer right in front of you, especially on those small, confined stages.....well, how could you not say that you're watching someone attractive all night?
    The lead singer in my band is pretty attractive. She's also the most fun to interact with on stage. Pulling faces at each other, synchronized headbanging, dancing, whatever else.
    Last edited by xweasel; 11-16-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

I like to look out to see if everyone's enjoying themselves, our band are really good at communication on stage so we look at each other and have a laugh, I don't play anything to complicated when gigging so I can afford to look around, I've seen some drummers just stare at their hihats all night and not look up at all, you need your eyes wondering around so you can see what's going off.

Cheers mark
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

My last band had a chick singer, kinda hot, nice butt. I had the best seat in the house. YES, I NOTICE!

User Info Menu

I pay attention to one girl.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

None of my bandmate have much stage presense so by default, I'm the one who gets the stares and yes, I watch the girls watch me play. I watch them sway to the groove and that brings a huge smile on my face as I play
    Last edited by late8; 11-16-2012 at 01:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Both bands I'm currently in have female lead vocalists, so from where I sit, the view is always great. To answer the question though...........yes, how can you not?

User Info Menu

I like to scan the crowd and see who is having a good time listening. But most of my attention is on the band.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumsetsnide View Post
    I like to scan the crowd and see who is having a good time listening. But most of my attention is on the band.
    This +1.
    I think we probably have the best position for observing the crowd reaction to certain songs & performance.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    I pay attention to one girl.
    Ya me too. Just this one! OK, not really. I think this pic is gonna haunt late8 for awhile.

User Info Menu

I have to watch myself cause my old lady is sitting in the audience with a baseball bat LOL. I have been caught too many times oogling and drooling over some of the ladies in the audience.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Ya me too. Just this one! OK, not really. I think this pic is gonna haunt late8 for awhile.

Wow I did'nt know that Daisy Duke was Late8 in disguise LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I have to watch myself cause my old lady is sitting in the audience with a baseball bat LOL. I have been caught too many times oogling and drooling over some of the ladies in the audience.
    Baseball bat??? Wow!!!

User Info Menu

Well i think it would be innapropriate to do in church, sooo...
    DW Remo Vic Firth Zidljian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Just because you're "on a diet" doesn't mean you can't "look at the menu".

User Info Menu

I'm usually trying to fight off all the women as they rush the stage and try to rip my shirt off. It ain't easy being me.

User Info Menu

yep,,,,, i watch the girls.....
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

I check out girls 24/7. I'm a guy, it's what I do
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post

Someone please pass that brain bleach.