Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drum Tapping!

User Info Menu

Talking Drum Tapping!

i have a problem...
    when ever im sitting down at skool (this when im not asleep or mentally distroying myself) i find my self tapping! even my friend now that doesnt play drums has brought a kit and starting playing cause he thought that tapping sounded kool?!

anyone else tap? LOL!
    how do u do it?

User Info Menu

lol i use the palm as my hand as a bass drum and left hand as HH and index right hand finger as snare lol... some of the stuff actually sounds auwsome when u bust out some nutty beat on pencilcase books.. ANYTHING>

User Info Menu

i think all drummers tap when there`s music on especially .i do the bass on the right and snare on the left hand .It`s actually really good practice .teaches you rytham ,timing ,it`s good practice !

dave

User Info Menu

ALL OF THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always use my feet for the bass and/or hi-hat, just as if I was sitting at my kit.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

LOL im not a loner!
    anyone else?

User Info Menu

I tap everywhere!!! My brother is a drummer as well and it annoys the heck out of him sometimes. LOL!!! But I will also say that I tap while I am in my office, I dont know if anyone notices, but if they do, they are getting some good rhythms. LOL!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

Default Tapping

I can find the rhythm to anything. At home out in public. It get on my wife's nerves but she has learned to live with. It's just my nature to move. Some of my body parts are always moving. My foot shakes,tapping on table, rolling my fingers on my desk. I have the habit of working out the beat or riff while driving. Put the car on cruise control and do the bass & hi-hat along with the cymbal and snare on the steering wheel. I'ts in our blood.

User Info Menu

It was recently brought to my attention that I need to quit doing drum solos during staff meetings at work. LOL!!! I can't help it. If I have a pen in my hand, it has to be hitting something. Sometimes I find people staring at me on the lightrail cuz' I'm playing "air" drums and don't even realize it!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

i tap on things and make wierd percussive sounds with my mouth all the time....a few yrs ago in highschool marching band, we were waiting for the football players to come out and me (the first trumpet) started making beats with my mouth and pretty soon i had a whole big group going and pretty soon the crowd took notice and was very entertained....

User Info Menu

LOL thats all HILARIOUS!

Anyone got any funny stories? Got themselves into trouble?

User Info Menu

OMG i just REMEBERED somthing FROM yesterday!

omg it was in English (i go to highschool) yeah and anyways i was bored so i asked to go on the computer to write up some freaked out essay. so im in the lab typing up this thing... then i started reading what id wrote and randomly starting tapping on the desk!

then i put in crazy as fillis on the screen and keyboard and mouse and ebsoulputly everything! it sounded auwsome no joke! u have to try it
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i went out of the classroom and my friend goes was that u tapping? im like... uhhhhhhh.... yeah?
    LOL!

User Info Menu

Default Drum Tapping!

Who doesn't?

Most of the time I play congas on the steering wheel...there's a spot on the rim that sounds like the "pop" of the small drum and another that sounds like the large drum... haven't triggered the driver-side air bag yet!

Sometime back, I really was drum tapping in my car...I'd taken a pair of bongos with me to my job at a radio station (was going to put some found effects in a radio commercial)--but I got stuck in a traffic jam on my way in...so, making sure I could do so safely, I reached into the back seat, grabbed the bongos, set them alongside me on the passenger seat, and "jammed" through the traffic jam...which, oddly enough, began breaking up within a few riffs...

hmmm...

User Info Menu

hahah...nice

User Info Menu

Wink drum tapping

I see I'm not the only one. I do it all the time when i'm trying to learn a new song or when I hear an old one that I like. it drives my wife crazy mostly at night when I start tapping on the headboard .so keep tapping just try to
    remmber when it's time to stop and get some sleep.

User Info Menu

i was threatend wiv gettin sent outa my exams cos i kept drumin on the desk/floor wen id finished, n as im a total genius that was abou half an hour b4 evri1 else ahh...modesty

User Info Menu

I do it all the time and it annoys the **** outta my parents.Half the time i dont even realize im doing it until somebody says something.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Timer
    I can find the rhythm to anything. At home out in public. It get on my wife's nerves but she has learned to live with. It's just my nature to move. Some of my body parts are always moving. My foot shakes,tapping on table, rolling my fingers on my desk. I have the habit of working out the beat or riff while driving. Put the car on cruise control and do the bass & hi-hat along with the cymbal and snare on the steering wheel. I'ts in our blood.
    This describes me perfectly. I bang on everything and hear rhythm in every movement. God forbid there's a clock ticking in the room. And when I'm walking, it's always in time.

User Info Menu

omg i bought 2 drumstick pens from drumbum, and i drove my teacher CRAZY cuz i drum on my desk... and u know what i told her? "hey what can i do? im a drummer, mrs hulsman." and she was like "whatever.. get back to ur seat."
    ha. ha.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

oh another thing is me and my sisters go to a gym a couple days a week. when im on the treadmill, i listen to my iPod. I always find myself running to the beat of the music..lol some of my songs are really really fast so ill do like half beats and stuf.. its funny
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Default funny story.. ha..

omg ANOTHER one time, i was driving my quad and waiting for my cousin to get ready and come out so i could give him a ride, and i put it in nuetral, and started tappin on the break like a bass pedal and started makin cool sounds with the gas thing and i had a pretty cool beat goin!! lol my cousin came out and i didnt even notice it cuz i was like overwhelmed with my beat i had going on my quad haha thats my cousins face and thats me getting all into it.. im such an idiot sumtimes...
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

if i could tell you how many times i had my hands slapped growing up. i beat on everything
    max

User Info Menu

ooh.... what do ur hands look like now? lol
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Im Bored Out Of My Mind So Im Answering A Bunch Of Random Forums But I Already Answered This 1 So I Guess Ill Just Type Stupid Stuff And Make It Look Like I Know What I Know What Im Talking About!!!!!!!!
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lezzledrummer
    ooh.... what do ur hands look like now? lol
    He probably has welts and marks and scars like me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by leeman
    LOL thats all HILARIOUS!

Anyone got any funny stories? Got themselves into trouble?
    omg i just remembered in sixth grade like two years ago before i started drumming like years before me and a friend were sitting in computer class and she`s like hyperactive so as always she was insanly tapping her foot so i started to make this insane beat i think it`s the first beat i ended up learning on my set it`s not that funny but it`s really ironic i`m gonna call her hi-hat now cus she was playing the hi-hat part man you gotta love them highschool girls i keep getting older and they stay the same age yesss theyyy doooo i love that movie
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.