Thread: How was your Thanksgiving?

User Info Menu

Default How was your Thanksgiving?

It was a beautiful day here so I spent some time working outside. Then the family came over around 3:30 and we watched the Redskins/Cowboys game and ate the most delicious food known to man. Very thankful for family and food and for God since he made them both.

User Info Menu

Default Re: How was your Thanksgiving?

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    It was a beautiful day here so I spent some time working outside. Then the family came over around 3:30 and we watched the Redskins/Cowboys game and ate the most delicious food known to man. Very thankful for family and food and for God since he made them both.

I can see being thankful for the family, but he cooked for you too? I thought he only did that for PB.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I can see being thankful for the family, but he cooked for you too? I thought he only did that for PB.
    Nope, God came over and cooked the whole meal. Amazing isn't it? He really likes me!

User Info Menu

Did he let you in on the meaning of life mate? lol
    Tama Rockstar & Paiste User and Abuser......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spesman View Post
    Did he let you in on the meaning of life mate? lol
    No, he just told me I'd have to figure it out on my own. Guess he thinks I'm smart enough.

User Info Menu

Gigged last night and the next three..but had today off.

We cooked a 16lb turkey here at my place...then took it over to a friends house where we had a nice afternoon with our kids, their kids and some other family members. Football, drinks, snacks and dinner. A nice mellow afternoon.

Over the years, we've spent more Thanksgivings at friends places. As sarcastic as it sounds...I'm more thankful for my close friends than most of my pain-in-the-rear-end family members. They actually ruin the holidays for me.

As soon as we got home....the kids had some leftovers and passed out. A little too much tryptophan it appears?

"The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Funny picture. And I love your sig line Eddie. Classic!

User Info Menu

Didn't have one, it was just a Thursday for me.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EddieV View Post
    Gigged last night and the next three..but had today off.

We cooked a 16lb turkey here at my place...then took it over to a friends house where we had a nice afternoon with our kids, their kids and some other family members. Football, drinks, snacks and dinner. A nice mellow afternoon.

Over the years, we've spent more Thanksgivings at friends places. As sarcastic as it sounds...I'm more thankful for my close friends than most of my pain-in-the-rear-end family members. They actually ruin the holidays for me.

As soon as we got home....the kids had some leftovers and passed out. A little too much tryptophan it appears?

I agree with you Eddy I have thanksgiving with friends too. More comfortable and relaxed with friends rather than pain in the rear family. Our Thanksgiving was a month ago here in Canada.

User Info Menu

A beautiful day, watched the kitty cats lose again, followed by a great meal with just my immediate family members this time, my wife and son, then we had a movie night while it snowed about 5 inches overnight. Ruining "black sheep Friday" over here. Can't wait for today's hot turkey and gravy sandwich for dinner.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Made me feel thankful for the family and friends I have and love.

User Info Menu

Thanksgiving was great. Spent late morning/afternoon with my fiance's parents and had a nice meal there around noon. Then drove out to my parents house where we had a great meal with them and some of my aunts, uncles and cousins. Many blessings to thank God for.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG