Thread: Anybody Ever Watch This Show?

User Info Menu

Default Anybody Ever Watch This Show?

To Catch A Predator on Dateline NBC?

User Info Menu

Never seen it. When is it on?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Anybody Ever Watch This Show?

It's Saturday night, usually 7 or 8 pm Central Time on NBC (obviously! As they say, check your local listings)...have to admit I usually ride along with "COPS" during that time frame...my dad and oldest bro' were police officers at one time and it never fails to amaze me how many people suffer sudden amnesia when caught with a strange car...

Actually, "To Catch a Predator" is turning into a real-life version of "Punk'd" only it isn't funny. The idea is the Dateline crew works with local police to trap sexual predators by luring them to a house via Internet...and I've seen more wailing and gnashing of teeth when the predators are caught than I have on any fictional crime drama.

They did have an installment last week in which the Dateline team left iPods out where they could be stolen, and they set up hidden cameras to show how brazenly they could be stolen from shopping malls, parked cars, what have you.

I recall that the family of a predator who was caught on "Dateline"--and who subsequently killed himself--is suing NBC and the local police department for entrapment. Haven't heard any updates, but I'm surprised someone hadn't filed suit sooner.
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Hm well if they set the crime up it is entrapment......

But same time, they shouldnt steal :P Why dont they catch real crimes instead? :P

How was that program. I forget what it was called.. No wait. Cheaters! Thats it. That was so funny. Firs thing they always say.
    Its not what it looks like :P

Its like BARH! We just watched like 10 mins of your sleasing over that other chick :P Someone hit him.... someone hit him!!!! :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo42w View Post
    Hm well if they set the crime up it is entrapment......

But same time, they shouldnt steal :P Why dont they catch real crimes instead? :P
    only if they pressure you into doing the crime it's entrapment.

They do catch real crimes. It started with sexual predators then identity theives. It's unbelieveable.

User Info Menu

El Prresidente is right - presenting the opportunity to commit the crime is not entrapment - encouraging them to do it, then arresting them for it is. It's kind of like a drug dealer. If this dude is dealing drugs, and an undercover cop buys some from him, then arrests him - that's cool. However, say theres this guy, he doesn't sell drugs, and this cop says "We should sell drugs - we'll make lots of money" etc... and then arrests the guy when he does - THAT's entrapment. They are knowingly and willfully encouraging and enticing the person to commit a crime.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    To Catch A Predator on Dateline NBC?
    I used to watch it all the time. It sickens me to know that there are that many of them out there roaming the streets. I don't watch as much anymore. It just upsets me because I have 2 children and I constantly worry about there safety.

Eveyone should watch that show. It's a real wake up call. I've you're not constantly on your guard, you're going to wind up a victim.

User Info Menu

Thats what sucks. Im from a small country town. We leave our cars unlocked while we go shopping and leave our houses unlocked while we sleep...

Why cant people just be normal and stop trying to hurt everyone :(
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters