Thread: Double Bass Help.

User Info Menu

Default Double Bass Help.

I need some help here guys. I havent posted in awhile and would just like to say im sorry to everyone that i havent tried to help anyone lately and im asking for help. I got a job and had summerschool and 2 bands and just havent had the time, but now i do :D. Ok well i got my double bass pedal. Its a pearl. Im pretty sure its the Eliminators but my grandparents got them used and sent them to me, they are magnificent pedals i only have one thing i need help with. My left pedal will move around while im playing straight 16th notes on the kick. It moves and just gets all uncomfortable and wobbly. It has like mount on it like its supposed to mount to a kick rim but its the left pedal. Can anyone give me any advice on what to do? I would be much obliged with any suggestions, thanks everyone!

-Kody

User Info Menu

You should have two screw knobs that point towards the floor on each side of the pedal. If you screw them in, spikes should come out to keep it in place. If that doesn't work, you could get a bath-mat, one with the extra grip bottom on it, turn it upside down (sticky part up) and place it underneath your pedal.

If that still doesn't work, you could do your own velcro job. Get some of the sticky velcro (not the furry side, the spiky side) and stick it to the bottom of your pedal so it better grips the carpet.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Or failing all those xcellent methods...
    two words:
    Duct Tape.
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chiko View Post
    Or failing all those xcellent methods...
    two words:
    Duct Tape.
    spoken like a true red green man

User Info Menu

Ah a musicians best friend. The old duct tape :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

drums-rock Guest

c mon the duct tape! lol but as a serious note you should mabye take it into your local music shop?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58 View Post
    You should have two screw knobs that point towards the floor on each side of the pedal. If you screw them in, spikes should come out to keep it in place. If that doesn't work, you could get a bath-mat, one with the extra grip bottom on it, turn it upside down (sticky part up) and place it underneath your pedal.

If that still doesn't work, you could do your own velcro job. Get some of the sticky velcro (not the furry side, the spiky side) and stick it to the bottom of your pedal so it better grips the carpet.

HB58
    The velcro idea is not just a good idea, it is the absolute way to go bro.. The axis double pedals dont have spikes at all, they come standard with velcro only, and they have never moved on me.. not once.. velcro is perfect for this problem
    arnold for president!!

User Info Menu

Then if duct tape doesn't work, you can use the REAL musicians friend... Gaffers Tape - just like duct tape but black and WAYYYY more expensive!!

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

ah gaffer thats what im thinking off :P I just forget these things lol.

You been giging for alota lota years ey stix?
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Wow thanks alot guys, i will probably go with the velcro, sorry it takes so long for me to repost, just extremely busy lately.

Thanks alot
    -Kody