Thread: Double Pedal tips

User Info Menu

Default Double Pedal tips?

Hey i've just managed to get my hands on a double pedal about 4 months ago but don't seem to have made much progress. Any Tips or dvd's i should be buying to help me on my way ?
    Last edited by Markis441; 07-28-2006 at 03:37 PM.

User Info Menu

Hey Markis and welcome to the board!!! I know double pedals can be hard for some and easy for others, but what I have found to help me was using rudiments and practicing independent exercises for hours on end. I stunk when I first got the pedals, but when I sat down and really put a lot of time into it, it paid off.

For info on using them, try our links here and look at the instructional stuff. I know you will find some good exercises that will help ya. Good luck Bro and welcome to Drum Chat!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

Cheers for that and thanks for the warm welcome.

User Info Menu

when i first got my double pedal and even now still to this day I tap my feet back and forth anytime im sitting down pretty much....just prac LRLRLR and as u get tighter go a little faster...just like prac with ur hands..and then once u can do simple LRLRLR with ur feet then start prac other rudiments...just like with ur hands...good luck

User Info Menu

First start very slowly with a beat(set a tempo something like 1800)..you have to be very attentive about timing and pressure

User Info Menu

Tommy Aldridge, "Rock Drum Soloing and Double Bass Workout" instructional video!!!!!
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction