Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Offered A Drum Endorsement Deal....

User Info Menu

Default Re: Offered A Drum Endorsement Deal....

Quote Originally Posted by brknsgnfcncdrummer View Post
    After hearing all the specifics on the deal and reading through all the paper work that I received in the mail this morning, I am not going to take the endorsement deal.

They require that I play 18+ Shows a month and I can not use any other drum companies drums.

You all talked me into using one of their snares, but I can not play that many shows a month for what I would be offered.

I thank you all for your input, but it did not pan out the way I had hoped.
    So in other words they want you to be a full time musician with an established touring schedule to give the company exposure...Thats kind of a given. Im Sorry it didn't work out for you man...maybe sometime soon it will if thats what you want
    | PORK PIE CUSTOM DRUMS | SABIAN CYMBALS | DW 9000 HARDWARE/PEDALS | EVANS DRUMHEADS | VIC FIRTH STICKS | WOODSHED KICK HEADS |

User Info Menu

well we all learned something from this thread ,, sorry it didnt workout for you ,but keep trying . next time you'll know what to expect ,and know what questions to ask .. its still a win for you .. at least you got noticed, thats better than most people get ...
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Shame to hear about that! On the bright side though, you wouldn't need much of a discount with PDP anyways because their drums and hardware is already priced reasonably by comparison. Also, the fact that one company noticed you might mean you have a certain something that another company will want you for. You might be endorsement material if you have the stomach for it. That's a lot of shows though, get ready to work to the bone if you ever change your mind!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brknsgnfcncdrummer View Post
    After hearing all the specifics on the deal and reading through all the paper work that I received in the mail this morning, I am not going to take the endorsement deal.

They require that I play 18+ Shows a month and I can not use any other drum companies drums.

You all talked me into using one of their snares, but I can not play that many shows a month for what I would be offered.

I thank you all for your input, but it did not pan out the way I had hoped.
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. You're smart to read the fine print and it sounds like you made the best decision. No worries. Keep practicing hard and pushing forward. There will be more opportunities for you.

User Info Menu

18 shows a month? For the privilege of buying cheap drums that you probably don't need? Who does that, seriously? Like 0.01% of players?

Sorry it didn't work out, but at least you get to keep your custom snare!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by loydb View Post
    18 shows a month? For the privilege of buying cheap drums that you probably don't need? Who does that, seriously? Like 0.01% of players?
    + 1

It is still an honor to be selected.

Nice going...............
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Sorry it didn't work out, but at least you get to keep your custom snare!
    Haha sadly bro thats how endorsements for drum makers work. And pdps arent really that cheap.
    DW Remo Vic Firth Zidljian

User Info Menu

I didn't mean they were cheap drums. I mean the advantage they were giving you was you could buy them cheap.

User Info Menu

In this case it'd be more for the exposure that he would receive from PDP rather than cheap drums. If you're good enough to have a company notice you, cheap drums probably aren't top on your priority list
    Kits:
    -C&C Player Date 13/16/22
    -65' Ludwig Super Classic 13/16/22

Snares:
    -DW Nickel Over Brass 6.5x14 snare
    -Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 65' Super Classic 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 64' Pioneer 5x14 snare
    -PDP Classic Wood hoop 6x14 snare

Rides:
    -Zildjian 22" Constantinople
    -Zildjian 22" Kerope
    -Zildjian 20" Constantinople
    Hats:
    -17" A Medium crash over K custom dark crash

-DW 9000 pedals

User Info Menu

18 shows a month - thats a Lot of shows...and basically you would be on the road constantly. Sorry it didnt work out but you got noticed...Probably not many of us here on the site have ever been "offered" an endorsement deal of any kind so that makes a statement about your expertise in our craft. Congrats on being Offered an Endorsement~!
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

I seriously doubt people will read this post 3 pages in, especially since the issue has been resolved, but I thought I'd throw this out there:

1. 18 shows a month isn't that bad if that's all you are doing. I was once under contract to do 66 shows in 11 weeks. I did it. I don't remember much of it, but I did it. Granted, at the time it was a summer tour and I was in college with no kids or wife. That would be totally out of the question now unless the money was outstanding.

2. I don't know how it is in the drum world, but I know that there is a lot of "ghost-building" that happens in the guitar world. For example, if a band is endorsed by Epiphone guitars, you can bet that those guitars are probably Gibsons with really great pickups with Epiphone headstocks. I have a friend that's a guitar builder, and he built a guitar for someone that has a sponsorship from a cheap guitar maker. The thing is, the guitar company that she's sponsored by doesn't make a very roadworthy guitar, so my friend built her one that looks just like one from the company. The company actually agreed because she tours regularly and helps the brand. Whether or not it's "right" is another discussion entirely.

Just my $.02 that's probably not even worth $.01.