Thread: Zildjan A's

User Info Menu

Default Zildjan A's

When i was down my local music shop the other day i took the chance to try some of the Zildjan A's. I tried the crashes in various sizes and two different rides.

The Crashes:
    I liked the crashes. Nice sound to them and they had very controllable sound. No overtones. It only made the sound you wanted them to make. My favorites were the 15 inch and the 19 inch.

The Rides: They had the 20 inch and the 21 rides. They both sounded very simular to my ears. The were, like the craches, nice and controlled. I thourght they were a bit "crahsy". I would have preferred it if they were a bit dryer. Noetheless. Very nice cymbals.

Shame i cant afford them!

User Info Menu

thanks for the preveiw vinny! I have never heard of those yet.

User Info Menu

I'm going to try and get the money to buy one of the rides soon! Going to be great. Either that or I'll be buying a ZHT cymbal pack.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    thanks for the preveiw vinny! I have never heard of those yet.
    yes you have, the A stands for avedis. i recomended them to you when you were looking around for new cymbals i own 2 med thin crashes that are possibly my favorite cymbals. aswell as 2 med. crashes and A quickbeat hats.
    when i think of the perfect traditional crash sound i think of an 18" A med thin. it is what i measure all crashes by.

User Info Menu

OOOh A=adedis, never mind thx for the ehads up funk

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I own 2 x A's

A 20' A projection ride ( just like Carter Beaufords ) - it is real nice.
    And my favourite crash is my 17' A Custom Fast Crash - beeeeeeuuuuwdiful !

I originally stepped up from ZXT packs so, anyone thinking of going to A's I can highloy recomend them.

Wotto
    ' Up the Irons '