Thread: beats!?

drums-rock Guest

Default beats!?

hey guys could anybody give me a good site for drum beats or just tell me them on this im really wanting to try and impress my friends and my school with this sorta stuff thanks guys o yeh as in the beats not easy ones quite complicated but not to complicated if you get what i mean lol

User Info Menu

drumbum.com
    Drummer Chicks Rule

Shazane Guest

If you really want to be impressive, write some.

User Info Menu

I second Shazane's option. That's the real way to show off.
    Things that come from your mind and turn out awesome are way more inspiring than things put into your head and turn out the way they should be.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shazane View Post
    If you really want to be impressive, write some.
    I third that. Also, tempo changes and odd time sigs are always bound to impress.

User Info Menu

i 4tht that:P, just start doing simple beats and adding likke back beats and go from there, it might take while to get used to a complex beat, but the work is worth it, dont expect to get it in a few seconds

User Info Menu

Cool beats!?

I would second Lafirin's suggestion--start simple and add to it--but make sure you have it down before you try impressing anyone with it...and if you have access to beats (written or recorded) that inspire you, listen and review them.

No matter what you do, make sure you're comfortable with them before introducing them to others...if you're uptight about how they sound, it's going to show in your playing...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

yeah, like my drum teacher said, get this beats down, dont jusr say, yeah i got em pretty good, because ull go back to them the next day and you'll totally forget

User Info Menu

What I did was starting out drumming to Linkin Park gave me the ability to make the ghost notes I make today, except back when i started they were just as heavy if not heavier hits. For my single pedal bass drum I really invented that myself, it started off when I learnt to play Bass, Snare, bass, Bass instead of the normal beat. I just moved on from there and onto more complicated things.