Thread: K Custom Ride vs HH Classic Ride

User Info Menu

Default K Custom Ride vs HH Classic Ride

K, guys, I'm a little in a bound here. I have a HH classic ride cymbal. It has an amazing wash, nice ping, to make a long story short, a great cymbal overall. The rest of my cymbals are Zildjian A's, fast and customs, in combination with Z Dynobeat hats. Now, I talked to this Sabian guy, that wants to trade me my HH to his K Custom ride. (both are 20's) What are the opinons about the K Custom. I haven't met with him yet, but am interested as well as hesitant. Gimme some feedback.
    Last edited by Pearldrummer; 01-03-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    • Crush Limited Reserve Wenge
    • DW Collectors
    • Sakae Pac-D
    • Roland TD-9
    • Zildjian K/A Cymbals
    • Crush, DW, Pork Pie, Trick Snares
    • MAY Sennheiser, Audio Technica Internal Mics
    • Gibraltar 9600 hardware
    • Protection Racket/RoadRunner Touring cases

User Info Menu

Default Re: K Custom Ride vs HH Classic Ride

if it is a standard K Custom Ride, then it will be unlathed with great definition and a dark undertone with a meaty bell. I own the 22" model and love it. Probably not as much wash as your classic ride, i am assuming of course.
    DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Remo
    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonpnorris

User Info Menu

dont do it

if you love your ride, keep it. It's not worth it. PLUS, you wont know what the K Ride will sound like with your kit until you bring it home. Not a chance i'd be willing to take.
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearldrummer View Post
    K, guys, I'm a little in a bound here. I have a HH classic ride cymbal. It has an amazing wash, nice ping, to make a long story short, a great cymbal overall. The rest of my cymbals are Zildjian A's, fast and customs, in combination with Z Dynobeat hats. Now, I talked to this Sabian guy, that wants to trade me my HH to his K Custom ride. (both are 20's) What are the opinons about the K Custom. I haven't met with him yet, but am interested as well as hesitant. Gimme some feedback.
    K rides are legit. you wont be dissapointed if you do trade, But i would still try and hear the cymbal first hand if you can, then make a decision.
    DW Remo Vic Firth Zidljian