Thread: Poplar

User Info Menu

Default Poplar

Does anyone have any mp3's or videos of them playing a poplar set? I know a few of you guys have the Export's so it would really help. The PDP X7 that I'm looking at is poplar I just found out, so I want to make sure it sounds aight before I sell my Catalina. Thanks

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I always wanted to be poplar when I was a kid.

User Info Menu

Don't have any videos but with a kit like the PDP X7 you could try looking on YouTube.

User Info Menu

Ive played the poplar kits on the Pearl series..I havent heard the PDX7 but there is no way I would sell my Catalina Birch for ELX poplar. Try them out before you make the change 32nd. For me personally, and thats what it comes down to, I wouldnt do it. But having said that, I hope you find the sound for you

User Info Menu

Ive been considering some Poplar kits. But it coms down to it, you get what you pay for. Dont expect more for less.

User Info Menu

sounds like a bad trade to me man, why would you want to? is there something wrong with the catalina? i would take your catalina over ANY pdp, including the maple kits. i dont know about the x7 but it is kinda hard to get an export to sound great, where as the catalina kits i have played tune right up and sound perfect.
    if you choose to sell the catalina let me know.

User Info Menu

I guess I was just bargain hunting...
    My logic on the change was this: Birch Catalinas, being a discontinued product, would cost a shootload of money to get the extra 10" and 16" toms I've been wanting, around $320.00. So when I saw the 7 piece PDP including those two sizes for $700.00, I figured it would be a good deal to sell my Catalina, along with cymbals and cowbells, to deck out the PDP with 2002's.
    Idk, keep the advice comin guys, it really helps. And hey Funky, just drop me a line whenever after I found out whats goin on bro.

User Info Menu

I recall you saying that you wanted the extra two pieces on the Catalina and thought that you might of been going for the 7piece on offer with the X7. How about you save a bit longer and get the Catalina Maple like PB's set up with the extra 16inch. At least you will be getting much better quality minus the 8inch but apparently they are bringing the 8 as an add on next year.

User Info Menu

What about Basswood?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    What about Basswood?
    What about driftwood?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    What about driftwood?