Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From drummer to true instrumentalist!

User Info Menu

Default From drummer to true instrumentalist!

Hey guys! How's it going?

I posted several videos os drum covers in the forum already. Maybe someone remembers me, after all I'm a really handsome and chaming guys!

Well... Not a long time ago, I started fooling around with a bass and a guitar. I'm not exactly saying I can play them, but at least I try! Well, finally I started playing real instruments, which produces notes and such! Now I've got 16 years as a drummer, 6 months as a bassist wannabe, and a month and a half as a guitarist wannabe.

I recorded a version for a song I used to listen to a lot when I was still a younger teenagers. I was responsible for every single noise you can hear!

Why don't you guys check it out?

Regards!

User Info Menu

Default Re: From drummer to true instrumentalist!

Very cool Igalicki! How cool that you can play all the parts, and be right on tempo with the new instruments. You are quite talented!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

That's awesome!

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot, Bob and Tom! I appreciate your comments and recognition! :-D

User Info Menu

Awesome job, all the way round!!!
    Joe

User Info Menu

Multi-talented!

User Info Menu

Nice avatar.

Awesome playing mate!

User Info Menu

Nice Job, how many hours did you put into all of that.

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot for your comments, guys! I appreciate them!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderjig
    Nice Job, how many hours did you put into all of that.
    Oh well... I don't know. I didn't have time to count! Lemme try to figure it out... Maybe some 15 hours, considering all the recording and editing of audio and video. I'd say I only have patience for all of this because I really enjoy doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by almostmatt1 View Post
    Nice avatar.
    Too bad yours isn't as cool as mine!

User Info Menu

And I've done a new one! I decided to pay a little homage to a game that consumed lots and lots of hours of my childhood. Battletoads. Check my metal version out!

The original 8 bits song can be found here.

User Info Menu

And another cake comes out of the oven! This time it's a metal version for Like a Stone, by Audioslave. I think vocals settled down better in this mix than the one I made for the Offspring song. What do you think!?

Cheers!

User Info Menu

And my last victim was the Pink Panther theme. I made a metal/rock version for it. I tried to mix metal drumming and the tipical jazz improvisation drumming. Before crucifying me, please beware I never really played jazz.

And before this one, I had recorded a quick hardcore version for Enter Sandman, by Metallica. Here it is:

Cheers!

User Info Menu

The videos are pretty great and I love your creativity. For how long you've been playing bass and guitar your playing is quite impressive. Your electric drum set is awesome too. (Lots of compliments )

I started guitar shortly after I started drums (3 years ago) but never really practiced much, just occasionally played for fun and possibly learn part of a song I like(d). Recently I've gotten serious with my guitar playing (and bass too kinda) and I've gotten pretty good; I actually write some parts for my band's songs, its great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator42009 View Post
    The videos are pretty great and I love your creativity. For how long you've been playing bass and guitar your playing is quite impressive. Your electric drum set is awesome too. (Lots of compliments )

I started guitar shortly after I started drums (3 years ago) but never really practiced much, just occasionally played for fun and possibly learn part of a song I like(d). Recently I've gotten serious with my guitar playing (and bass too kinda) and I've gotten pretty good; I actually write some parts for my band's songs, its great.
    Woah! Thanks a lot for you comment!

Well, let's see... I've been playing the bass for 7 months, and the guitar for a bit less than 3 months. When recording these songs, the bass is usually the easiest part, even easier than the drums, and I've been drumming for 16 years. I'm quite pleased with my progression as a bassist. The guitar is way harder, though. I hope I can progress as a guitarist just as a did as a bassist. I'm definitely not a virtuoso player for any of the instruments and I'm happy if I manage to play the kind of thing which is fun for me.

The e-kit makes recording so much easier! That's the best part of it, besides not getting into trouble with my neighbors! It's got its limitations, though. But the rule is, the better the e-kit, the less limited it is. Mine is kinda intermediate. I had a simpler one before which wasn't as pleasurable to play as this one.

Keep on practicing every instrument and you'll get better at them without noticing at first and then, sometimes, you'll realize how those things which were harder in the past are not that hard to play now. It happens to me all the time.

Cheers and thanks again!

User Info Menu

Great job dude!

User Info Menu

One man show! And a great one!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Tama Royalstar: 14x22" Kick, 16x16" Floor Tom, 8x12" Tom, 9x13" Tom, 5x14" Snare

Zildjian A Custom: 20" Medium Ride, 18" Medium Crash, 16" Crash and 14" Hi-hats

Sabian B8 Pro: 18" China, 12" Splash

Soultone Extreme: 14" Hi-hats

LP Cowbell

Alesis DM6 USB eDrumkit

VALTIS Rock en español

User Info Menu

Awesome! Gotta love the one man band!

User Info Menu

Very creative! I enjoyed all of your talents!!

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot for your comments, guys! I really appreciate them!

User Info Menu

Cool videos and love the editing you did on them.
    I love to see you playing all the instruments and you're quite good at all of them!

You looked like you were really enjoying yourself!!

I just have one question though....how do you keep wearing the toe out of your sock???
    hehehe...

Thanks for sharing!
    JIm
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgraham798 View Post
    Cool videos and love the editing you did on them.
    I love to see you playing all the instruments and you're quite good at all of them!

You looked like you were really enjoying yourself!!

I just have one question though....how do you keep wearing the toe out of your sock???
    hehehe...

Thanks for sharing!
    JIm
    Thanks a lot Jim! It's a lot of fun to do these versions and videos. It would be great if I could live out of music, but, right now, I'm typing from the TI company I work for!

Well, that sock is my "oh so beloved" sock! I'll never get rid of it! I like to play the drums wearing socks, and, usually I save the old ones for this purpose!

Thanks for taking the time to watch my videos!

User Info Menu

This time I tried something new. I made a reggae out of The Everlasting Gaze, a song by The Smashing Pumpkins! I didn't know recording a reggae would be this fun because I rarely listen to reggae! I use my e-kit for drums and percussion sounds!

User Info Menu

It's time for another spam.

I recorded a metal version for the theme song for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. If you think you don't know this song, I dare you to watch the movie. I'm quite sure you already listened to it somewhere. Check it out!

User Info Menu

This time the victim was the olympic games tune.

User Info Menu

A hardcore version for the Intermission vignette by The Offspring.