Thread: damn texting

User Info Menu

Default damn texting

Has anyone ever texted an opinion or thought about something and then send it to the wrong person?

it's almost as bad as saying something in person except when texting or using these chat forums it's easier to be misunderstood. Happened to me recently and it was misunderstood what I wrote. I felt bad about it.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: damn texting

Yeah, I hear you. I haven't done what you said, but I did send the following message "I love you babe. Can't wait to see you tonight" to my hunting buddy...and it was meant for my wife. Still haven't lived that one down.

User Info Menu

It's much easier to do that on some phones than others. On my current phone, it would be very difficult. Slinky, what you described about being misunderstood, is why I prefer a face to face conversation. It's too easy to be misunderstood when you can't read facial cues, or voice inflections. Smilies are a help, but it's still no the same.

Now Tex, I will say that it's better to send "I love you babe. Can't wait to see you tonight" to a hunting buddy, than it is to have that message end up on the phone of a female coworker. I'd take the ribbing from a friend any day.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Yeah, I have sent texts to the wrong person (not often, maybe a couple times). Thank goodness they were not inappropriate.

But getting involved in certain conversations can be quite difficult via text or other written form. So much of our ability to understand, to the fullest or best of our ability, relies on body language, facial expressions and tone of voice.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Yeah, I hear you. I haven't done what you said, but I did send the following message "I love you babe. Can't wait to see you tonight" to my hunting buddy...and it was meant for my wife. Still haven't lived that one down.

I hope he wasn't waiting for you in a nightie.

User Info Menu

No.

Not yet.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    No.

Not yet.

Are you saying that you and Tex did the same thing?

User Info Menu

No, I'm saying that up until this point I've always made sure to send the right texts to the right people.

I could, however, screw up minutes after replying to this thread. Accidents happen.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47