Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What genre of music do you play.

User Info Menu

Default Re: What genre of music do you play.

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Dude..your fast tempo'd blast beats are fun to watch. Post up some more videos man! They're cool....but getting into some Funk, Latin and jazz huh??? Awesome, opening up the playlist is a good thing just as drummer's quote said, versatility is the key to success.
    Thanks late! I'll try to get some more up. The last 3 or 4 videos I've tried uploading to YouTube, however, have corrupted for some reason More will be up ASAP though. Glad to hear you enjoy watching them.

User Info Menu

Death Jazz and Country Metal.

I try to be as diverse as I can.

User Info Menu

Well I play soca, calypso, reggae, soft rock, been exposed to swing, jazz, pop, a liitle latin

User Info Menu

How did I miss this thread?
    Playing prog rock( didn't know the classification)' classic rock, southern rock, fusion, up-to-date rock...
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Hi BBB,
    I am in a metal/rock/ grunge band
    But play other genres with my tutor.
    I am learning two pieces that are funk and then prog rock, I enjoy most genres but find blues a little bit slow.
    Bridie.

User Info Menu

I'm quite genre non specific. I am more into grooves. I borrow from jazz, reggae, Latin, rock, folk, blues, disco etc...Nothing like the feeling of a fat country train beat with brushes on snare as well.

all the best...

User Info Menu

At home in my garage, I play hard rock/heavy metal. On the weekends, I gig with a classic rock band that covers '50s, '60s, '70s stuff.

User Info Menu

I'd better update this.
    The band I'm in now plays self-written punk/pop-punk.
    Mapex Armory - Photon Blue
    Mapex VXB kit - Transparent Black
    Mapex & Pearl snares
    Paiste Alpha & RUDE cymbals
    Remo & Vater

User Info Menu

We play synth-pop.

User Info Menu

70'sthrough Today bar rock.

I was in a European influenced Metal Band for many years. But I've toned it down a lot.

User Info Menu

Black/death metal, and lots of jazz.

I've played in metal bands for a majority of my playing life, but my first love is in jazz. I took lessons from a jazz drummer when I was a kid, and I feel very fortunate that I had the opportunity to do so. I have a huge profound love for jazz drumming of all types, so I experiment a lot with jazz playing. I enjoy it more than playing metal.

I'll be playing for a Nashville metal band pretty soon, and I'm also in the middle of starting up a jazz/fusion group, so I feel like I get the best of both worlds!

EDIT: when it comes to playing guitar, I mainly focus in black/death metal and ambient music. I don't know crap about jazz guitar, and I don't even come close to possessing the skill level to attempt it. Haha
    ALGAROTHSYUM - post-apocalyptic instrumental metal - currently working on third full-length album!
    Bandcamp - Facebook

IRACONJI- Nashville death/thrash metal - drummer
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    All my life I've played everything from classic rock, pop, motown, and blues.............but my favorite is 70s prog -- Yes, Crimson, Kansas, etc.

The band I joined a few weeks back plays all originals..........blues-based rock...........POWER TRIO.............largely a ZZ sound.
    UPDATE..................

I am still playing in the band described above but I have since joined a second band.

This new group is a 5-piece with female lead singer, me, 2 guitars and bass.
    All 4 of them sing..............I do not.
    We are playing up-tempo 80s and 90s pop covers.
    Pretenders, Hole, Pat Benatar, Joan Jett, Blondie, Gin Blossoms, Jet, Tom Petty, Bryan Adams, Tonic, etc.................great stuff.

We have booked our debut gig............Friday, August 21st............excitement.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

We play a fairly wide range of styles. Honky tonk country, Texas swing, electric Bluegrass, Chicago style Blues, Folk rock, classic rock & Blues based/southern rock. We might play a traditional version of "Blue Moon of Kentucky" with a banjo & fiddle, then for the next song play " Rockin in the Free World" with full distortion electric guitars, follow that up with a classic version of "Sweet Home Chicago" with harmonica and then a country version of "Dead Flowers" complete with a pedal steel guitar. It keeps us on our toes, LOL. Amazingly, people really seem to like the mix.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    We play a fairly wide range of styles. Honky tonk country, Texas swing, electric Bluegrass, Chicago style Blues, Folk rock, classic rock & Blues based/southern rock. We might play a traditional version of "Blue Moon of Kentucky" with a banjo & fiddle, then for the next song play " Rockin in the Free World" with full distortion electric guitars, follow that up with a classic version of "Sweet Home Chicago" with harmonica and then a country version of "Dead Flowers" complete with a pedal steel guitar. It keeps us on our toes, LOL. Amazingly, people really seem to like the mix.
    Of all the bands that guys play in on here, this is the one that I'd really love to see. It sounds like it's right in my court. I'm thinking maybe next year buying one of those unlimited Greyhound passes. I'll be heading your way.

all the best...

User Info Menu

How about you just book us a gig? We'll play for free if you pay the air fare to the Bahamas!
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Trying to find a few people that want to do heavy metal old TV themes.

Mickey Mouse Club theme, theme from Gilligans Island, The Munsters, Mayberry RFD, Green Acres themes.

Maybe death metal TV. The themes from Hawaii 5-O, or Man From U.N.C.L.E. come to mind.

User Info Menu

We do a couple songs (Dooley & Stay A Little Longer) that were performed by the fictitious family group "The Darlings" on The Andy Griffith show. If you remember, they were a reclusive mountain family (hillbillies) on the show. Denver Pyle played the father. "The Darlings" were played by an actual Bluegrass group named The Dillards. We do not, however, do the songs Heavy Metal style, LOL.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Rock, some pop hard rock

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Trying to find a few people that want to do heavy metal old TV themes.
    I've got a live performance by Zappa's band (Chad Wackerman) where they perform the theme songs from BONANZA and THE GODFATHER.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

All types:

Classic Rock
    Rock
    Latin Rock
    Pop
    Latin Pop
    Dance
    anything that sounds fun really

User Info Menu

Mainly Hardcore Punk & Anarcho Punk. Have also played in extreme Hardcore Bands, Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Stoner Rock & Grunge, Basically anything that is obnoxious & noisy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    Mainly Hardcore Punk & Anarcho Punk. Have also played in extreme Hardcore Bands, Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Stoner Rock & Grunge, Basically anything that is obnoxious & noisy
    So, anything up-tempo?
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    So, anything up-tempo?
    Usually, Yes Have always been drawn to the faster music. Would like to end my years though playing in a mad Jazz Band

User Info Menu

Mainly praise and worship, neo-soul, soul, funk, gospel.

User Info Menu

We got both kinds - Country AND Western.

- Bonus points for the first one to identify where that came from.