Thread: post approved by moderator?

User Info Menu

Default post approved by moderator?

just got this meesage after a post?

User Info Menu

Default Re: post approved by moderator?

Jacques, we get spammers in here occasionally, so the site's software is set to recognize certain things and flag them. Most of the time, it's no big deal and the post are approved. Occasionally, a spammer gets in here and the post approval thing allows us to catch them. As you can tell, we try to keep this site spammer free, so this process of approvals is a small price for us to pay. Generally, the spam filter only looks at your first 10 posts, so hang in there.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Jacques, we get spammers in here occasionally, so the site's software is set to recognize certain things and flag them. Most of the time, it's no big deal and the post are approved. Occasionally, a spammer gets in here and the post approval thing allows us to catch them. As you can tell, we try to keep this site spammer free, so this process of approvals is a small price for us to pay. Generally, the spam filter only looks at your first 10 posts, so hang in there.
    Understood - thank you sir....

User Info Menu

just happened again, but no biggie. I'm a fairly patient fellow....

User Info Menu

Yeah it happened to me more than a few times but not anymore, In the end I would rather have that then seeing these spam posts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    just happened again, but no biggie. I'm a fairly patient fellow....
    ...must be the rabbit...................welcome

User Info Menu

Being a newbie on the forum you will learn what and not to do here. Welcome to DC..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Being a newbie on the forum you will learn what and not to do here.
    The best thing you can do is make sure you read the forum rules. Like any other club or organization or business, there is a structural guideline for this community. It is part of why this place is so great in my opinion. It provides for a good balance between freedom and accountability. The result is that we rarely ever have any problems. Yes, something will flare up occasionally but for the most part, it's seems to be a smooth running machine. My job (and any of us moderators) would be a lot harder if these rules weren't in place.

Welcome again!

User Info Menu

Being a moderator on another forum and after reading the rules, I have zero problem with anything. Totally worth it to keep things clean.

User Info Menu

Glad I found this thread... I thought I wasn't posting properly at first. It is a good feature to keep on top of spam. Although, depending on the posting volume and frequency of new members, I imagine it could get busy for the admin.

See you on the boards!

User Info Menu

welcome to you both.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Marchand View Post
    Glad I found this thread... I thought I wasn't posting properly at first. It is a good feature to keep on top of spam. Although, depending on the posting volume and frequency of new members, I imagine it could get busy for the admin.

See you on the boards!
    Welcome to Drum Chat Rick.

You are soooo right about all this keeping the administration busy. They're the real heroes of this place.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Welcome to both of the new members.

Kick back, relax and enjoy.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Just out of curiosity, how long does it generally take for posts to be approved? I posted a few things last night that had images, and all have gone for moderator approval. Not a big deal, but if it's more than a day or two, I'll just hold off on making posts with images for a while (so that the posts aren't finally visible after they've lost relevance).

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cg2112 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how long does it generally take for posts to be approved? I posted a few things last night that had images, and all have gone for moderator approval. Not a big deal, but if it's more than a day or two, I'll just hold off on making posts with images for a while (so that the posts aren't finally visible after they've lost relevance).

Thanks!
    Sometimes we get behind, sorry. They're approved now. Also, be sure to review the forum rules. Sometimes that's what holds up posts. There is no vintage buying or selling in here and the classifieds section requires 100 posts to post in there. - Thx

TwoCables Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Does this mean that I have to post at least 10 posts before it stops happening?

My very first post went through with no problem, but my other posts didn't.