Thread: good cymbal boom stands and snare stand at the price range of 80 euros each?

User Info Menu

Default good cymbal boom stands and snare stand at the price range of 80 euros each?

greetings from greece
    i am in the verge of purchasing 3 cymbal boom stands and one snare stand. the 2 cymbal stands will be used for crashes and the other cymbal stand will be used for my ride, and i also want to mount to it one cymbal arm to fit a 14 inch china on it.
    i need good stands that will stay in their place, that are firm and that they will last. forever. (though forever is very relevant). if they come with a quick way to hold the cymbal it is good
    (i was thinking of perhaps something like this?

is this the best choice or not? i am not familiar with all those gadgets

for the snare stand i do want it not to move at all, i want to be able to achieve any angle for my snare and to be able to place my snare low enough (i have a 14x6.5 mapex black panther sledgehammer snare)

i have read numerous threads of this forum.
    the snare stand i was thinking is this
    Tama HS700WN Snare Stand (it is able of achieving any angles right?)
    i cant think of any other stand, idlove to hear suggestions and reasons why i should think of another stand rather than the one i mentioned.

about the cymbal stands. i was thinking of Tama HC73BWN Cymbal Boom Stand
    they seem great they have a quick release system for the cymbal etc.
    but then i came across this which is almost 20 euros cheaper Tama HC33BW
    i know it doesnt have the quick release of the HC73BWN, but the quick release can be purchased for 4 euros. so is there any other difference between
    Tama HC33BW and Tama HC73BWN. since both are in my price range, i dont mind getting the more expensive one so that i am with a better cymbal stand for my drumming years to come. (please mind that these cymbal stands will be used for gigging a lot from now on so there will be a lot of mounting unmounting so i do not wish for the screws etc to get fecked up after some time)

i was also thinking about the one stand that will be used as a ride stand to pay some more. i read about the DW 9701 and how it can get low enough so that the ride cymbal is just above the kick or floor tom. some times i need the ride higher so that i can crash it. other times i like it low . either way i want to be able to have the choice. will i be ok with the other stands i mentioned? or should i invest in the dw onw. is it that much better? again, i have to pinpoint that money is an issue, but if there is so much difference in quality and feautures i can try and buy the dw one for a ride stand

also about the cymbal arm i want to mount my china i was thinking about this
    Tama MCA63EN Cymbal Boom Arm

are there any other suggestions?

ps1. if there is another system that is better and faster than Tama QC8 Quick-Set Cymbal Mate please do inform me
    ps2. sorry for the long post. i really look forward to your answers and suggestions. thank you
    ps3. i have seen that there are a Tama HC73BWN and a Tama HC73BWM. any ideas about the difference of the "N" version vs the"M" version? thanx again

*With the exception of paid advertisers, commercial links are not permitted here. i replaced the urls with pics. Please see the forum rules for more. Thx, - Tom

User Info Menu

Default Re: good cymbal boom stands and snare stand at the price range of 80 euros each?

You should check Pearl hardware. They make very good sturdy cymbal and snare stands at a affordable price and they give you the Lifetime Warranty. I would suggest into looking at the 1000-2000 series which are double braced legs or go for the cheaper 900 series which are still good. Good luck

Most Pearl hardware comes with these cymbal wing locks which works great .

Here is a pic of the hardware.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 01-27-2013 at 07:39 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: good cymbal boom stands and snare stand at the price range of 80 euros each?

thank you very much my friend. ill look into them

User Info Menu

Basically any mid range to high end stuff by any of the major hardware manufacturers like Pearl, Tama, Gibraltar, DW, Yamaha, Mapex, etc. are very solid and will do the job. Not all of them have quick-release nuts but they're all of high quality.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

The quick release will limit you but they can be purchased later.

I'm a big fan of the Mapex B900 boom stand. Very affordable but has a three section mid-tube construction, toothless tilter and probably the best cymbal felts I've ever used. The felts can set up with either trad. felts or flipped over for rubber accenuators or a combination of either above and below the cymbal.

As far as snare stands go the most flexible I've come across is the DW9000 but these are rather expensive. I would recommend the Pearl S1000 which is great value for money, can be setup low and comes with a toothless tilter to give you the angle flexibility you want.

Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

thank you very very much, ill also add mapex to the equation! cheers

User Info Menu

If you're a gigging drummer, those quick release cymbal holders are real nice to have..I have both pictured in this thread and they both do what they need to do...the pearl one probably comes with the stand, but the red thingy pictured is a wing nut replacement. Bear in mind again if you're moving it a lot, heavy stands...are heavy!

User Info Menu

thank you. yes with my band we are going to start the gigging, soon. thats why i am getting ready!
    i like the tama quick release more than the pearl one, simply because it seems faster. i havent tried it though. my drum teacher is very sceptical about the tama quick release btw because it is made of plastic and he is afaraid it wont hold the cymbal and if it accidental gets hit it could break. if someone has a real expreience about them id love to hear them

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    Basically any mid range to high end stuff by any of the major hardware manufacturers like Pearl, Tama, Gibraltar, DW, Yamaha, Mapex, etc. are very solid and will do the job. Not all of them have quick-release nuts but they're all of high quality.
    And Sonor stands...no quick release and no plastic levers, but still great!
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURNIN AMBITION View Post
    thank you. yes with my band we are going to start the gigging, soon. thats why i am getting ready!
    i like the tama quick release more than the pearl one, simply because it seems faster. i havent tried it though. my drum teacher is very sceptical about the tama quick release btw because it is made of plastic and he is afaraid it wont hold the cymbal and if it accidental gets hit it could break. if someone has a real expreience about them id love to hear them
    Yes, if the plastic holders get hit, it will probably explode! I'll let ya know, im sure i'll be hitting it soon! Gibraltar makes a metal one i think...

User Info Menu

ok thank you. ill also try and google gibraltar quick release to see what they make

User Info Menu

If your worried about quick setup and teardown (eventhough it only takes a second to spin off a wingnut) go without wingnuts or quick releases then you just pick the cymbal off the stand and go.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURNIN AMBITION View Post
    ok thank you. ill also try and google gibraltar quick release to see what they make
    swing nut

User Info Menu

thanx guys. wooow the gibraltar swing nut seems amazing!!!!

User Info Menu

considering your talking euros ..thought about drumcaft stands series 8 is what i use

User Info Menu

The DW9000 snare stand is my preferred stand. It is waaay over engineered and will survive the worst handling you can dish out. As for the rest of the hardware, Tama is where it's at. Infinite adjustability. Rock solid durability, and affordable. If you really want a nice quick release for your cymbals, I recommend the Vater Slick Nut. I have them on all my cymbals. They take a hit, they hold on and never let go, and they even have a "lock down" mode to keep people from stealing your cymbals while you and the band get a bite to eat between sets.
    PDP MX Series Drums, Zildjian A Custom cymbals, Tama Simon Phillips Gladiator Signature snare, Roc-N-Soc throne.

User Info Menu

Any hardware no specified brand should do the trick for you it is all in how much you want to spend.

User Info Menu

thank you guys