Thread: Pat Boone/Debbie Boone

User Info Menu

Default Pat Boone/Debbie Boone

So I was chillin at my drum shop and saw a t-shirt with a screen print of Pat & Debbie Boone on it, I asked a buddy what that was all about. He said it was an old drum fill or whatever that goes Pat-Boone-Deb-bie-Boone... snare-tom-snare,snare-tom, or however you wanted to use it on your kit. Simple but thought it was an easy way to use it. So i thought I'd ask you guys if you had any mnemonic ways of using a fill or a groove... a way of talking out what your playing in addition to "saying" drum sounds.

Just curious.

Oh and a newbie here, pretty cool site, really enjoyed all the posts/thoughts i've read! Thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pat Boone/Debbie Boone

User Info Menu

This is a fill I use for warming up. Now this is on a 5 pce standard kit .R ( right hand) L ( left hand) so you start R- snare, L - tom, R -hi tom, L- floor tom (the trick is to cross the left and under the right hand ) then R- hi tom, L- tom and R -snare. Just going back in forth this was and going faster and faster. Can't explain what song comes out of it but it has it 's little melody. Once you have mastered this then you hit bass on all right hits and open hhats on left and so on. Once everything is going together it gets easier. Anyway just thought I would share.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

User Info Menu

Don't think I've ever said it, so welcome to Drum Chat KCJones!

I never thought about using a mnemonic for a fill. It's an interesting thought, though, because over the years I've used many mnemonics to remember things. I'll be watching this thread to see what others have to say.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i never have, wierd just saw an infomercial last night with Debbie Boone. What's the relationship between the two daughter father, brother sister?

My favorite still is Nancy Sinatra, her singing sounded sexy to me for some reason
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Slinky, it's a father/daughter relationship. Oh, and I always thought Nancy Sinatra always had the "something special" quality too.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Father and Daughter.

Debbie Boone= You light up my life was a one hit wonder.

Pat Boone had all kinds hits in the 50's then his genre basically went to Gospel in the 60's

Nancy Sinatra= These boots are made for walking. Probably the only song she was known for.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 02-01-2013 at 10:41 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    So I was chillin at my drum shop and saw a t-shirt with a screen print of Pat & Debbie Boone on it, I asked a buddy what that was all about. He said it was an old drum fill or whatever that goes Pat-Boone-Deb-bie-Boone... snare-tom-snare,snare-tom, or however you wanted to use it on your kit. Simple but thought it was an easy way to use it. So i thought I'd ask you guys if you had any mnemonic ways of using a fill or a groove... a way of talking out what your playing in addition to "saying" drum sounds.

Just curious.

Oh and a newbie here, pretty cool site, really enjoyed all the posts/thoughts i've read! Thanks!
    You can use anything. Most teachers teaching kids use things like "caterpillar" or animal words that describe the pulse of a music notation. Pat Boone / Debbie Boone would sound out 2 eighths (1 and) and then a 16th group (2e and).

User Info Menu

Here ya go. Check out "Lesson 3" at 5:52

His Patented Pho-netics... ha-ha!

User Info Menu

The forever popular...

"boots and cats and boots and cats and"

User Info Menu

We used to say "Mississippi Mississippi Mississippi Mud" for 1e&a2e&a3e&a4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    ...I asked a buddy what that was all about. He said it was an old drum fill or whatever that goes Pat-Boone-Deb-bie-Boone... snare-tom-snare,snare-tom...
    By the way KC, that's a legendary drum fill. You'll find it a lot in R&B music especially.

And welcome to Drum Chat!

User Info Menu

the first time i hit a drum i was told to say "my name is Kyle what is yours" but to split the single syllable of my first name which is one, into two.
    parlays into a parradidlle

learned an 1/8th, worked
    second grade music class
    Last edited by kyle102565; 02-01-2013 at 09:12 PM.

User Info Menu

Or you can check out this guy, who just happens to be the greatest teacher of all time!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Or you can check out this guy, who just happens to be the greatest teacher of all time!

Ha-ha! This cracked me up!

User Info Menu

Markadiddle, that would sure keep learning a little more light-hearted! LOL

User Info Menu

Thanks fellas for the input! That Buck Nelson video was freakin hilarious!!