Thread: Super Bowl

User Info Menu

Default Super Bowl

Tough game for SF.

Before anybody thinks I'm rubbing it in, remember, I'm a Cowboys fan.

It's strange though, that every time there's some kind of delay, no matter what sport, it always seems to fire up the team that's losing.

The SB is the only game I'll wager on. Won on the 1st TD by the Ravens, won on Boldin scoring it. Lost big on the over/under. Won on the 1st half, lost on the second. Basically a wash, but I won $40 on Boldin and the Ravens scoring 1st and a little more on the Ravens winning the game.

34-31 Not a great defensive game, but, then again, they rarely are. I can remember games being won 3-0.

SF lost it on 3 plays. The fumble, the interception, and, what always amazes me. How do you let a guy run 108 yards with 11 guys on the field?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Super Bowl

Terrific game. Exciting throughout... including Beyonce's "lap dance" (as a friend of mine described it). I like routing for the underdog. The Ravens really came out swinging and held their own. Great hang with the family tonight.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Terrific game. Exciting throughout... including Beyonce's "lap dance" (as a friend of mine described it). I like routing for the underdog. The Ravens really came out swinging and held their own. Great hang with the family tonight.

Yeah, they came out strong. 2nd half, they were lucky. Harbaugh should have called a time-out at about 2:20 in the 4th instead of letting them take the clock to the 2 minute warning, because if SF scored, they would have forced the Ravens to get a touchdown.

There was luck spread out between both teams. Some good, some bad.

User Info Menu

At least this Super Bowl was a competitive game, instead of a blowout. It sure didn't look like it was going to be competitive for a while there. I think someone on the S.F. coaching staff pulling the plug on the stadium electrical to give the half time speech a chance to sink in. Apparently, it worked.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Well I had to get up at 4:30 am to get to work so once the lights went out so did I. It really didn't look too good for the 49'ers but was surprised this morning when I saw the score. Almost made a winning comeback.

I think someone was paid to trip the light breaker First thing I thought about was all the companys that spent millions for thier commercials. I wonder how many tv's got turned off during the break?.

for the record I'm a Chiefs fan
    Last edited by slinky; 02-04-2013 at 09:59 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Longtime 49er fan here even before the infamous 'The Catch' against the Cowboys. Tough loss, but it shows you how much experience counts when you're at the helm and Flacco showed his poise, kind of what a seasoned drummer does for a band; to play with with consistancy and be the backbone. It seemed the power outage took the crowd and the momentum out of the game and it seemed the extra time needed to restore the power gave the 49ers time reflect on how badly things had gotten out of hand. The Ravens almost ran away with the game before the delay. To take the sting out of the loss for me, I'm telling myself this morning that at least he lost to his brother and as I over heard what the Harbaugh brothers said to each other as they shook hands after the game, "We're still brothers". That was very touching to hear.
    Last edited by late8; 02-04-2013 at 11:22 AM.

User Info Menu

What a great game. I was pulling for the 9ers and they almost did it. Not great play calling, IMO, there at the end and there should have been a call on that 4th down pass. But, there were a lot of other 'no calls' throughout so fair is fair I guess.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    What a great game. I was pulling for the 9ers and they almost did it. Not great play calling, IMO, there at the end and there should have been a call on that 4th down pass. But, there were a lot of other 'no calls' throughout so fair is fair I guess.

4th down, SB on the line, you have to call a better play than a floater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    4th down, SB on the line, you have to call a better play than a floater.
    How they didn't know the blitz was coming is beyond me. And Crabtree's gotta make a better effort too.

User Info Menu

Well, at least Ray Lewis now has a ring for each person that he murdered.

User Info Menu

Good no call on that one. You honestly could have called a PI on either player if you were so inclined. The ball was also borderline uncatchable. In a scenario like that, you've got to let them play. Great 4th down defense to turn them over. Great job of the punter running around in the endzone to eat clock.

It's better than having a phantom PI call, like the one that decided the Miami vs. OSU national championship game in 2003.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Well, at least Ray Lewis now has a ring for each person that he murdered.
    That's irresponsible. He was convicted of obstruction, but not double homicide. I'm far more inclined to believe Ray than OJ.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

How they didn't know the blitz was coming is beyond me. And Crabtree's gotta make a better effort too.

Even if he caught it, I think he would have gone out of bounds.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    That's irresponsible. He was convicted of obstruction, but not double homicide. I'm far more inclined to believe Ray than OJ.
    The high degree of inability to recognize humor on this board never ceases to amaze me. In and of itself it is actually funny.

User Info Menu

This Super Bowl was ok. The best football in the post season are all the games leading up to the Super Bowl.

and yes I think the 49'er play calling could've been better. The turnovers hurt and the kick off return really hurt. Good job coming back by the 49'ers
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I really thought SF was going to come back.