Thread: do you think these paiste cymbals would be good?

User Info Menu

Default do you think these paiste cymbals would be good?

do you think these paiste cymbals would be good?
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Paiste-SUPER-SET-...ayphotohosting

User Info Menu

Thats not a bad set up for the price, although their are better cymbals on the market.
    My Kit
    Yamaha DTXpress III, Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute, Yamaha Hardware, DW Pedals, Zildjian A Custom, K and ZHT Cymbals. Vic Firth Sticks.
    2 Years of Saving. Worth Every Day.

User Info Menu

First of all, welcome to DrumChat, Gaz W! You are right. There are better cymbals on the market. These would be like the Zildjian ZBT's. It is an entry level cymbal that is a step up from the cheapo stuff that the manufacturers include with their beginner kits.

You'll pretty much get what you pay for, including the stands, but if you're strapped for cash, and have the cheapo cymbals, this might be a way to get a better sound for the moment. If you don't have the cheapo cymbals, you might want to continue saving for some better quality cymbals.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome pastor_bob
    My Kit
    Yamaha DTXpress III, Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute, Yamaha Hardware, DW Pedals, Zildjian A Custom, K and ZHT Cymbals. Vic Firth Sticks.
    2 Years of Saving. Worth Every Day.

User Info Menu

It's a good deal for sure, but 101's aren't the way to go. Maybe for a while, but you'll definately get tired of them. You can compare them to Zildjian Planet Z's.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I don't want to spend too much money for my first kind off proper set, but i would like to get half decent ones. I have some old high hats and a crash that came with the pearl forum drumset it bought secondhand.

User Info Menu

if u wanna get a good entry level cymbal for a good price go for the sabian
    b8.

User Info Menu

Well there is always better cymbals on the market. But it all depends on different circumstances. If you are not a gigging drummer and it is just for practice at home, I would say they are decent cymbals for you, if you are a light gigging drummer, they wouldn't be bad but by no means brilliant. But if you're a regular gigging drummer, you would definatley need better cymbals.

User Info Menu

thanks a mil for all your help

User Info Menu

Hey Robvam, I'm just curious. What did you decide to do?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

yea i think those are the lower end of pasite, but nonethe less probably dont sound that bad at all, but the thickness is what your gonna have to worry a bout.