Thread: Need advice/opinions please...

User Info Menu

Default STILL waiting on my drum parts!

Hey guys,

Back on December 8th, I ordered some parts to make homemade octobans from a reputable online drum builder. I paid for 6" hoops, heads, lugs, tension rods and my order was over $200. Two weeks later I still hadn't heard from the company, other than my original confirmation email, so I sent an email and asked about the status. Their response was a delay in receiving their order from overseas was the culprit, but they had hope to receive their shipment soon.

My next email went out January 14' asking about the status of my order, to which I was told that it would be shipping later that week. I still hadn't received my parts or any shipment tracking number by the 29th of January, so, again, I sent an email asking what was going on. I was informed that the order should've shipped, and they would look into why it hadn't. I was also promised a response by the next day.

Well, another week went by, and I had to send another email asking for ANY kind of information regarding my order. I informed the company of my frustration in the delay and hoped to find a resolution. I was even open to different styles of lugs, or heads, if it would help speed my order in shipping. The hoops and heads were delaying my order, so iwas told, and so I mentioned that I would be open to chrome hoops and I would be able to powdercoat them black myself if that would help. I was told they would check the status of chrome hoops and get back to me THAT day.

Obviously, I didn't hear back, and it has now been over 10 more days since. I sent another email a few days ago but heard nothing. Not only am I upset, but starting to get worried.

Does anyone have any advice for me?
    Last edited by Embalmer; 02-16-2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Vague title

User Info Menu

Default Re: Need advice/opinions please...

get your money back A.S.A.P. you have waited long enough, buy them from another company that will be glad to sell you what you want.
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

+1
    They've had more than enough time to get it right. They've failed. Time to move on.

Good luck!

User Info Menu

I agree with Drummer and Atom. They are just leading you along now. Get your money back and find a company that actually cares.

User Info Menu

Does anyone have any advice for me?
    First of all, out them. Let everyone know who is doing such a poor job of customer service.

Then contact your credit card company and tell them what has happened. (I assume you paid with a CC)

User Info Menu

If your credit card was charged you can call your credit company and they will get your money back and if your card has not been charged yet call the guy back cancel the order and go somewhere else, just make sure they don't bill you afterwards.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

whats the company. I kicked around the idea of building a set of drums and dont want to order from them