Thread: easiest way to record edrum cover to video?

User Info Menu

Default easiest way to record edrum cover to video?

What is the easiest way to play a cover song on a edrum set and put it to a video for all to view?

Im not good with computers so this has to be very simple.. and also I have a very basic laptop with a few USB ports and a hdmi port in.

I usually run music in from either my android or my laptop into my roland kit input by the way

thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: easiest way to record edrum cover to video?

I have downloaded Audacity program. I am able to run a 1/8th inch from my headphone output on my drums to my audio input on my laptop. I can record the drums only right now. But the sound is not very good on playback. its a little distorted and the only certain parts of my set sound ok.. mainly the top left tom.

I tried turning down the volume nob on my set but it only helped a bit. I cant figure out how to turn down input record level on audacity.

I guess next step is to get a splitter so I can use headphones and record at the same time.?

User Info Menu

Use the headphone jack on your computer to listen to the song and your drums. To turn down the recording volume look on the upper left side of your audacity screen you'll see a microphone icon and a slider turn it down.

User Info Menu

thanks but it really sounds bad.. the quality is worse than a old 1990 mix tape that has been recorded over about 30 times and the tape is starting to twist on the reel lol

User Info Menu

You must have something set wrong cause that setup should work fine.