Thread: Iron Cobra or mapex p900d???

User Info Menu

Default Iron Cobra or mapex p900d???

Hello everyone.
    I buied an used tama Iron Cobra in average good conditions,it's approximatly years old.
    Unfortunately,the reactivity of the left pedal is quite less than the right pedal(wich this one is very good) because of the mechanic but all in all it's a good pedal.
    So i have a doubt: i have to decide if carry on with the Cobra or change it with a new Mapex p900d (the pedal with the deamon drive system),obviously adding some money.
    I have a metal band where i use the double bass a lot and especially considering that i can't buy a new pedal for the next 4 or 5 years,i don't know if carry on with the cobra with the risk that worst or buy the mapex :(
    What would you do if you were me??
    Thanks and sorry for the bad english

User Info Menu

Default Re: Iron Cobra or mapex p900d???

The pedal.is 2 years old

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Aber94_IT!

Being only 2 years old, I wouldn't expect the Iron Cobra to be worn out. Are you sure it doesn't just need some lubrication, or a new spring?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

yes,i m sure because the guy who sold me the iron lubricated the pedal,he used the pedal like a single and i think that the left pedal with mechanic worst because of he didn t use it :(

User Info Menu

Today I will go to the shop and i will try both pedals,but i think that i will change the iron with the mapex if i feel better with it.but i think the iron is more than 2 years old because i paid it half than the price of a new iron..

User Info Menu

My Iron Cobra dbl is easily 10 or 12 years old. The slave pedal functions perfectly. Something is amiss with yours. I'd try to figure out what it is.

User Info Menu

Aber94_IT, it could be the bearings in the slave, but if you'd rather just trade it in on a new pedal, the Mapex 900d is getting some decent reviews.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

i decide to keep the iron because i thought it was lubrified but it wasn't..so now i try to lubrify it!!
    the quality of iron is much better than the mapex,so as you said me,this iron can last for many years...i think the mechanic has worsened because the previous owner didn't use the left pedal maybe...
    now i try to lubrify the bearings and all the joints of the pedal and i will see waht happens
    Thanks a lot everyone
    This is a very good forum

User Info Menu

Let us know how it goes with the Iron Cobra pedal Aber94_IT. It's a good pedal, so I really hope that lubricating it brings it back to life for you.