Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: King on your throne

User Info Menu

i use the pork pie round throne
    its super comfortable
    best throne i have found

and you can get it in cheeta print
    grrrowl hahaha
    "I mean honestly... I don't understand how "boom-click-boom-click-boom-click"evades a drummer...." ~ Kryshah

Gretsch Catalina Club Mod
    Sabian cymbals:
    18 in. AAXplosion crash
    21 in. AA raw bell ride
    16 in. Vault crash
    14 in. AAX stage hats
    Paiste:10 in. metal splash
    Zildjian:zil-bel
    DW 7000 double pedals
    PDP hardware
    EMAD!!!

User Info Menu

I think people who spend large amouts of money on things to sit on are silly.
    Its al about correct posture. If you sit with correct posture behind the drumkit you can sit on a crate and still fell good. However, if you have bad posture it doesnt matter if you are sitting on a throne that costs 1$ or 1000000$, you get back pain anyway.

User Info Menu

im not talking about back pain
    im talking about leg fatigue
    ever since i got that throne
    my legs dont hurt anymore
    "I mean honestly... I don't understand how "boom-click-boom-click-boom-click"evades a drummer...." ~ Kryshah

Gretsch Catalina Club Mod
    Sabian cymbals:
    18 in. AAXplosion crash
    21 in. AA raw bell ride
    16 in. Vault crash
    14 in. AAX stage hats
    Paiste:10 in. metal splash
    Zildjian:zil-bel
    DW 7000 double pedals
    PDP hardware
    EMAD!!!

ThePloughman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vinnysimmo View Post
    Its al about correct posture. If you sit with correct posture behind the drumkit you can sit on a crate and still fell good. However, if you have bad posture it doesnt matter if you are sitting on a throne that costs 1$ or 1000000$, you get back pain anyway.

Cant agree with that, as I have two thrones. A mid 70s Rogers Samson....... and a 99 Roc N Soc. And I have good posture. And I cant hardly get off the Rogers Samson throne after an hour. All things being equal, same height, same drums, same floor........ I cant take that old throne any more. And I spent 20 years on it.

User Info Menu

Roc-N-Soc Nitro Throne for me.

But to be honest... Those pork pie throne's are also very comfortable.

The Nitro is great though. Lovin' it.
    "If Diamonds are a girls best friend, Then Pearls are a drummers best friend! -AC"

User Info Menu

I'm in the market for a throne now and was seriously wondering if the Pork Pie and Roc-n-Soc thrones are truly that much superior or are you just paying for the Brand Name and the crazy tiger stripe patterns. I've tried them out at the music store and they were really comfy, but are they worth the $50-70 more than standard thrones after serious play/practice sessions? Thanks

Ernie S.

ThePloughman Guest

I dont think its just more hype and coolaid. They are worth what you pay. Especially with the back support. 99- present on the Roc N Soc, and I wouldnt go back to one of the others.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie S. View Post
    I'm in the market for a throne now and was seriously wondering if the Pork Pie and Roc-n-Soc thrones are truly that much superior or are you just paying for the Brand Name and the crazy tiger stripe patterns. I've tried them out at the music store and they were really comfy, but are they worth the $50-70 more than standard thrones after serious play/practice sessions? Thanks

Ernie S.
    Ernie, they are worth the money and very nice thrones. i will get a Roc-n-soc here in the near furture.

User Info Menu

cool thanks for the advice guys

User Info Menu

Default Re: King on your throne

Brown dropped this off today. Super comfy out of the box. Time will tell.

User Info Menu

That should be a nice soft seat for a long time.

Congrats!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

i use a gibraltar super soft throne. seriously its like 7 inches thick. it beats the pork pie and roc n socs imho. i tried the others but this was the best. plus it was only 96 from percussion source. best throne out there imo. i lovee it... so comfortable. its like the charin of fru. thrones. lol
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash
    Agrazian 10 inch Splash

User Info Menu

i use a gibraltar super soft throne. seriously its like 7 inches thick. it beats the pork pie and roc n socs imho. i tried the others but this was the best. plus it was only 96 from percussion source. best throne out there imo. i lovee it... so comfortable. its like the charmin of drum thrones. loll
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash
    Agrazian 10 inch Splash

User Info Menu

I use a Roc n Soc. Plain black, Lunar, with back rest. The back rest sold it for me. When I go back to my ludwig (round) throne, can really feel the difference after long play.
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

Got my throne from a Grizzly Industries catalog a couple years ago for $35.
    They are $42.50 now. As good, sturdy and comfortable as anything out there for a fraction of the cost.
    "This drum stool has a thickly padded and contoured seat that uses the same high quality foam that is used in bus seats to provide maximum comfort. The height is adjustable from 17-1/4" to 23-1/2" and the seat detaches from the tripod legs for easy transporting. The no-slip rubber feet provide for added stability."
    Last edited by VIbes; 03-04-2010 at 08:40 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnysimmo View Post
    Totaly not true, correct posture is a big part of it to be sure. But you can have the best posture in the world and still experience pain and discomfort in way less time that it would take using a good solid throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie S. View Post

Ernie S.

Either one would be the last throne you would buy for a long time. Personally I prefer the Roc n Soc bicyicle type cause I have muscular legs and that type doesn't cut off my hamstrings. I had a regular round throne with normal padding and would notice pain and discomfort after about a half hour of playing but would push through it and pay for it after. Now I can play for hours not even thinking or realizing that I have sat here playing for an hour. Night and day differance. One of the best investments I've made drumming gear wise ever.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

I have the exact same throne as areFish, and like him I have absolutely no complaint yet. I've only had it a few months though.

User Info Menu

To me, a round throne is ok if I sit low. But since I prefer to sit high, the bike seat style allows for better circulation in my legs. Admittedly though, I have never spent any time on one the plush Pork Pie style round seats either. TAMA First Chair with backrest is what I use. At around 300 lbs. (not the British kind, but the Toledo kind ), it has never failed to support me and is in the same condition as when I bought it about 3 years ago.
    Last edited by xsabers; 03-05-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: "Cuz I type like a chicken...

User Info Menu

Once upon a time, I couldn't see shelling out the cash for a primo throne. Then, I got celiac disease and lost about 40 pounds. My butt no longer gives me the built in padding it used to to. After 2 hrs. on a small round Mapex throne, I can tell that I spent 2 hours on a small round Mapex throne. I'm seriously considerring making a new throne my next drum related purchase.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

I'm on a round piece of junk one I got with my first kit. I think its time for a new throne, mine gets uncomfortable after 30 mins.
    Yamaha DTXplorer.
    YAMAHA-VIC FIRTH-AGAZARIAN-SOUND PERCUSSION

User Info Menu

Round sound percussion throne, not to expensive but it is comfy
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

I'm using an LP throne with a backrest on it. I've had it for years and have even done some welding on it where it broke once. The backrest spoiled me and I don't think I could last very long without one anymore. If this one totally craps out on me someday, I think I'll design a custom one, made out of a bucket seat from an old Ford mustang or something.

MAPEX - Orion Classic Series / Transparent Diamond Blue
    ROLAND - TD-8, PD-9's, PD-7's
    GIBRALTAR - Rack system
    IRON COBRA - Double pedals
    ZILDJIAN - Custom Z's, Custom A's
    EVANS - Hydraulic heads
    El Cheapo - sticks

User Info Menu

Joey Jordison and Travis barker both use a drum cage thing its not a racing chair. I'm looking for the site. It's a company that makes a drum rack system that allows you to lean your entire kit back a little bit so you actually sit the way you would normally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    Joey Jordison and Travis barker both use a drum cage thing its not a racing chair. I'm looking for the site. It's a company that makes a drum rack system that allows you to lean your entire kit back a little bit so you actually sit the way you would normally.
    $$$$$$
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Here is a before annd after shot. The one on the left is one that I got used in 1978 and just retired it in December for the one on the right.

slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey