Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King on your throne

User Info Menu

Default King on your throne

What type of thrones do you guys think are the most comfortable?

I use a bicycle type seat. Don't really like the round ones.

I tried out a banana Roc-N-Soc seat for a little while. Man, what a nut cruncher!!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

i`ve got an old computer chair on wheels at home i use (with the back removed ) thats prettu comfy(i`ve taped the wheels so it doesn`t move and it`s more padded than the throne i`ve got ) at the studio i use a saddle top and they are really comfy but personally i own a crappy round one !!!

dave

User Info Menu

i like the standard round thrones but i need a "lot" of cushion for my big fat ***
    max

User Info Menu

ive got a Gilbitar bicycle-type seat on my Pearl set and a 90 year old wooden stool with a pillow on top which actually is pretty comfy and its pretty solid
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

tall kitchen stool cut down....woot

User Info Menu

Same ole round drum throne for me. Like thunder, I like a lot of cushion.
    Though I'm sure is *** is much bigger than mine.

User Info Menu

I use the classic round throne, it keeps my *** comfortable and so does the job just fine.

User Info Menu

man i cant even afford a stool!im stil usin a chair....im gna get a stool as soon as i feel lyk im gud enuf to play seriusly tho cos othawys i myt luk a lil stupid smakin my elbows on the back of it evry tym i hit the floor tom...

User Info Menu

Wink drum throme

I've used a lot of differant kinds but I find one with a back rest wide bottom,
    and lots of soft padding is best for my fat ***. so meke it easy on your self
    and keep rocking

User Info Menu

Joey from slipknot uses a seat out of a race car...

User Info Menu

i use a regular round one but since my dad cough(fattie)cough broke it i use a chair for like preschoolers and had to change everything and will have to again when i get a new one sigh
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

I also use a round one with added padding. I do not like the bicycle style ones because when and if I leave the seat during playing then I never sit back down on it perfectly again.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    Joey from slipknot uses a seat out of a race car...
    Yea Utopia i noticed that when he did a Drum Solo UPSIDE DOWN once, he had all his kit screwed down and he was tightly fastened to a chair which as you say was a racing car seat.

User Info Menu

i use a bicycle style seat. I think their more comfortable then the round ones, i hate the round ones. always feels like im gonna fall off.. maybe thats just me..
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

i hate rounded seats... i have one to so doesnt help whenever i go and look at guitar center i always wanna buy a new seat but yeah too poor for these drumming expencises
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

I'm using a CB700 throne, but if you play seated for extended periods, even a round one can turn into a nutcracker...

A bike-type throne's the only way to go, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I tried the bike type but didn't like it. I tend to shift a lot and the bike type is too confining. You have to sit in the same place each time. How boring!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    I tried the bike type but didn't like it. I tend to shift a lot and the bike type is too confining. You have to sit in the same place each time. How boring!
    Hey im exactly the same wot stool wud u recommend for a cheapskate like me to start with any suggestions?

User Info Menu

when ur on a budget?...uh...let's see....nab a used kitcken stool from somewhere and cut the legs to ur size....that's wut i did......if u don't have a old one lying around unused then try all your local thrift stores and garage sales...you'll find one eventually for like 5 bucks

User Info Menu

wel not that much of a budget, but i dont wna spend like 200$ on 1 put it that way.

User Info Menu

hehe...ok ok...i thnk u can get like just a normal round one for like under 70....i thnk....

User Info Menu

Hey guys,
    Nothing beats a good ole fashioned Pork Pie round throne. Strong and durable and it is so comfortable. I've not ran across one better, as they all seem to cause the ol' schlong to fall asleep......
    Last edited by demon slaying drummer; 08-26-2006 at 01:38 AM.

User Info Menu

OLA *I use A THICK ROUND one so I can easily move with alot of flexibility of my movement*& its Very comfortable.

User Info Menu

I use a round pearl throne that came with the kit when I bought it.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

I use a standard DW9000 round throne. I like it okay, i really like the fact that I can take the pad off and place it upside down on my 16" floor tom and have room to zip up the bag for trasport. the base i just fold up and put in my hardware bag. Makes for great transport!!!