Thread: epriach or mapleworks or conway

User Info Menu

Question epriach or mapleworks or conway

has anyone ever heard of these or owns one and if so whats your opinion on them
    Last edited by roachmon; 08-22-2007 at 05:29 PM.

User Info Menu

whose to say?

User Info Menu

I've never heard of any of them. There are literrally hundreds of custom drum companies out there now. Despite the hype, they can't be all that different. There are quality shells on the market as well as quality parts. From there it's all craftsmanship. It's either good or it's bad. I wouldn't pay top dollar until you can prove it's better. Otherwise, stick with tried and tested name brands or you're likely to just throw your money down the drain.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by priceydrummer View Post
    whose to say?
    Ditto

There is no such thing as best. Only who likes what.

I think what you should have asked is who has had trouble with any of those companies. Or owns any of their products.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

He should also ask his mother what PUNCTUATION is.

User Info Menu

A friend of mine bought a Conway kit a year ago, said it was pretty good, never heard it though. Most custom drum companies are mostly people just using keller, poplar or mahogany shells and don't ply above 6.

User Info Menu

Default vinnysimmo

and vinnysimmo should ask his mom how to shut that *** on his face up and i know what punctation is retard this sh&* souldnt be getting to you this easy

User Info Menu

??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by roachmon View Post
    and vinnysimmo should ask his mom how to shut that *** on his face up and i know what punctation is retard this sh&* souldnt be getting to you this easy
    Roach, we don't talk like that in here, provoked or not. Please abide by this forums rules. And there's no need to post the links to those drum companies. A simple mention is enough. Combined with that and the topics of some of your other posts, I'm starting to wonder if you don't have an ulterior motive for being here... which is also against forum rules.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnysimmo View Post
    He should also ask his mother what PUNCTUATION is.
    Vinny, I've mentioned this before to you. It simply isn't necessary to provoke people. You know we don't tolerate it. Just because I haven't been as aggressive lately in curbing it, doesn't mean anything's changed. It's a respectable forum. Please do your part in keeping it that way.

User Info Menu

I played a blue glitter Conaway with gold hardware in Guitar Center a long while back. An employee assured me it was maple, but they hadn't tuned the heads yet. It sounded nice for the most part. The thing I liked most was the 24 x 20 bass, yeeeeeee
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

all three companies are good quality and about the same any way you look at it. keller shells, custom lugs and finishes...ect. nothing really to set them apart from the other so called custom companies. i recently heard that conaway was out of business. that is too bad because he had great prices. i know jesse from eiparch (aswell as a dozen or so of his customers) from a couple other forums, and while his reputation started out kinda rough, he has really got his stuff together these days.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Vinny, I've mentioned this before to you. It simply isn't necessary to provoke people. You know we don't tolerate it. Just because I haven't been as aggressive lately in curbing it, doesn't mean anything's changed. It's a respectable forum. Please do your part in keeping it that way.
    Sorry.

User Info Menu

sorry to and im extremely interested in this forum im just thinking of what new drumset to get and its driving crazy i dont want to make the wrong discions

User Info Menu

Roachmon, I went through that too! I was wanting an intermediate kit, and I narrowed it down to the Gretsch Catalina Maple, the Yamaha Stage Custom, and the Sonor Force 3005. Once I got it down to those three, it started to drive me crazy. I narrowed it down by color choice, and that didn't help. I decided I wanted maple shells, and that narrowed it down to Sonor, and Gretsch. At that point I almost went crazy trying to make a decision. In the end I realized that I wouldn't really have made a bad decision either way. Hang in there!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hm dont worry what you buy.... by the time you do get them, you wont care because ull have something to play :P I wish i had something on the export level because i have never had anything to that level and im coming up for my 10th year of playing! :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

im to lazy to read all these replys, so im just wondering if epriach or mapleworks or conway are woods?

User Info Menu

there not woods there custom drum companies.

User Info Menu

alright thanks