Thread: Exercises for Fingers on Left Hand

User Info Menu

Default Exercises for Fingers on Left Hand

Watching Pens (always seem to do that while browsing on here it seems) and was hitting on the pad a little. I need to work my fingers on my left hand as there is no comparison between the hands in that regard, right is WAY stronger and more effectivfe. I have been using my mouse left-handed, squeezing hand grippers, and doing the exercise the best I can with holding the stick at the top and hitting my forearms. Thing is while I can accomplish this easily with my right hand, I can barely do this exercise at all with my left. Just feels awkward and frustrating. What are some other things I can do to work my fingers, esp on my left hand. At least I've noticed my bball dribbling with the left hand is getting stronger, feeling good using it for layups, driving, etc. LOL.

Thanks, guys. Man I am glad to have found this forum!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Exercises for Fingers on Left Hand

I'm usually don't recommend doing all left hand stuff to increase left hand drumming. I only recommend doing left-hand drumming stuff to increase left hand drumming. That's just me.

I can barely do this exercise at all with my left. Just feels awkward and frustrating.
    I hate to oversimplify but I believe in doing it often enough that it stops feeling awkward. Eventually, it will start feeling good and become second nature... but it will take awhile. It doesn't happen overnight.

User Info Menu

Been sitting here doing doubles mostly for the last hour and a half, and I've actually gotten my left fingers warmed up and going pretty good, doing them pretty quickly and concisely. I guess it's just a matter of repetition.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers252006 View Post
    I guess it's just a matter of repetition.
    Ding, ding, ding.... we have a winner!

User Info Menu

You could play a guitar... One step forward two steps back

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator42009 View Post
    You could play a guitar... One step forward two steps back
    Ha! But string that thang upside down and rock it lefty!!
    Attitude is everything!