Thread: Problems with audio

User Info Menu

Default Problems with audio

I am using sonar x1 software and alesis mixer.I video recorded a drum solo and downloaded it to my sonar software but i'm not getting audio. Do i need to hookup mics to my drums and run it through my mixer and my sonar software to get the audio to work?

Keep drumming

Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Problems with audio

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy60 View Post
    I am using sonar x1 software and alesis mixer.I video recorded a drum solo and downloaded it to my sonar software but i'm not getting audio. Do i need to hookup mics to my drums and run it through my mixer and my sonar software to get the audio to work?

Keep drumming

Gregg
    Yes, you need to hook up the mics in order for the drums to be heard through the mixer.

User Info Menu

Ok well i am still not getting any audio with my recording. I have my mics. all hooked up and connected to my laptop. My sony cam recorder was on the other side of the room. Do i need to connect my cam recorder to my laptop also while recording?

User Info Menu

I just called guitar center where i bought my recording equipment and found out the reason why i don't have audio. I need to connect my sony handycam recorder to my laptop along with the alesis mixer to get the audio to work.. Now that i know that is there anything else i need to know or do on recording?

Keep drumming

Gregg