Thread: Roland BT1 Bar Pad

User Info Menu

Default Roland BT1 Bar Pad

Hey all

I know there has been good and bad reports on the net about these little fella's so I wanted to add a bit about them - I only just got these and think they are excellent. Yes they are among the most expensive little side pads you can buy , we pay about $110 including discount here in Australia , the 'retail' at $129.00, but in appearance and the space they take up I say they are worth every cent.

I am adding electronics to / and around my A-kit using an Octopad, these BT1's and Steve Slate Drums VST program , I wanted to have a couple of these ( one on each rack tom ) so I can add sounds from the Octopad 'percussion/ african' samples to play off these BT1's.

So far I find them outstanding for my use.

I will post full pics of my 'Franken-Kit' when finished after I return from my vacation in early May. Anyone considering these as an add-on , I give them a mighty thumbs up.

This is not the BT1's final resting place on my tom by the way, its just where I have it now, please note how they sit at perfect height etc and remain inconspicouos

' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland BT1 Bar Pad

Genius! They attach directly to the rim, Wotto?
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland BT1 Bar Pad

Yep - on one lug - install in around one minute

Via the Octopad it gives me whatever I want at my toms, from a set of timbales, to shakers, whatever ......any percussion sound that I want to dial into it from the Octopad or from SSD drums - its insane
    ' Up the Irons '