Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favourite bands

User Info Menu

Default favourite bands

just wonderin' what music you guys are into. who are your favourite five bands?

Shazane Guest

ChthoniC
    Dimmu Borgir
    Iron Maiden
    Children of Bodom
    Nile

User Info Menu

at teh moment, these are my favourites and nt in order:

disturbed
    dragonforce
    linkin park
    fallout boy
    jimmi jukka

User Info Menu

I guess I'd have to say that at the moment they are

Breaking Benjamin
    Hoobastank
    Fallout Boy
    Stone Sour
    Sick Puppies
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Yeah, CMWP, I would have to agree with you that this would be my list at the moment.

Not in any particular order:

Beach Boys
    Moody Blues
    Pink Floyd
    Audio Adrenelin
    Santana
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Metallica
    Iron Maiden
    Live
    Queensryche
    RHCP

User Info Menu

I have too many to mention. Tons of favorites in all styles... rock, funk, bluegrass, jazz, etc. But lately I've been listening to these Time Life CDs I bought that feature music from the 70's and 80's (my generation). Everything from Chicago to Average White Band to Elton John. Great stuff!

User Info Menu

HAhahaha Time Life - man I HATE those ads. Do you watch allot of late night TV drummer? That's usually when they show em. Then or middle of the day for all the housewives between Passions and The Bold and The Beautiful.

Although gotta say, as annoying as the ads are, at least it's a convenient way to get allot of songs you like, assuming you like the collection on offer. And assumign you don't alreayd own the songs or have majority (and probably more) on MP3. Hell, that's practically why they invented Napster and Limewire.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shazane View Post
    ChthoniC
    Dimmu Borgir
    Iron Maiden
    Children of Bodom
    Nile
    Wow nice man I love those bands too! Especially Chthonic and Nile.

I love both extreme/harsh vocals and clean vocals on my music.
    I also like J-pop and J-rock but my top my would be

Nightwish
    Kamelot
    Moonspell
    Satyricon
    Chthonic
    Last edited by Andreeew; 08-22-2007 at 02:01 AM.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    HAhahaha Time Life - man I HATE those ads.
    in the morning my mam usually watches hallmark, picture this,i'v just gotten up, and the advert comes on trying to sell us a cd unavailable in any shops, probably coz none of them want it lol. but anyway the ad seems to send me to sleep coz theyr trying to sell us those "tranquil" music cds. i'm usually atleast dosing by the end of it. lmao
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

Im into anything. I like playing pop for fun sometimes :P ... Its cool to be random with what you play and listen to. You learn things to interperate what you do... Like they say its all experience.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

Shazane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andreeew View Post
    Wow nice man I love those bands too! Especially Chthonic and Nile.

I love both extreme/harsh vocals and clean vocals on my music.
    I also like J-pop and J-rock but my top my would be
    Oh wow, you just described my tastes perfectly.

User Info Menu

i listen mostly to rock, tht doesn't mean i don't like other kinds. i play anything. but listen mostly to as i said before rock,.
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

Led Zepplin
    Deep Purple
    Yes
    Rush
    April Wine
    Van Halen w/ David Lee Roth
    Montrose w/ Sammie
    ...and may more

User Info Menu

Genesis
    Queen
    Bon Jovi
    U2
    Simple Minds

To name a few there are so many more.

User Info Menu

Pearl Jam
    AiC
    In Flames
    Metallica
    RHCP

My 5 AT THE MOMENT. I would have put Machine Head on there too, argh.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    I guess I'd have to say that at the moment they are

Breaking Benjamin
    Hoobastank
    Fallout Boy
    Stone Sour
    Sick Puppies
    CHEYYYEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!
    Breaking Benjamin tops everyone...thats right rd....told ya...
    Anyway here's mine...

Breaking Benjamin(three years in a row)
    Three Days Grace
    Linkin Park
    Kutless
    Creed

P.S
    Sorry i haven't been on in like 6 months guys. Things kinda got busy around april.
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

Hey 13D, good to have you back! I had forgotten about Creed, because I haven't listened to them for awhile. Good call!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

That would be if Creed still existed - otherwise now you'd ejust say "Scott Stapp" or Alter Bridge (which is Creed wihtout Scott Stapp's lyrics - basically a sub par creed) They were such a good team up those guys. Scott Stapp writes awesome songs, adn now they are oth like sub par versions of the original. ALter Bridge they even found a vocalist who sounds like a rip off of Scott Stapp - it just makes me wanna cry....

Anywho - 13D - check out Sick Puppies - you'll like 'em. They are an aussie band - they have two singles out so far called "All the Same" and "My World" - http://www.myspace.com/sickpuppies - their myspace page.

User Info Menu

Totally into metal.

Behemoth
    Amon Amarth
    Cradle Of Filth
    Nile
    Lamb of God

User Info Menu

Roger, maybe you can help me understand metal. To me it just sounds angry. What is it about metal that appeals to you? (man, do I sound like an old fogy, or what )

User Info Menu

Picking 5 is really tough!

Alice In Chains
    Pink Floyd
    Pantera
    The Eagles
    ZZ Top

There is just sooo much music to love and I like most of it. My favorite bands actually fill over 150 gigs on my hard drive.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Roger, maybe you can help me understand metal. To me it just sounds angry. What is it about metal that appeals to you? (man, do I sound like an old fogy, or what )
    I'm not really sure how it appeals to me...really I'm not much a straight metal listener. I tend to lean towards the alternative/metal side. Many people describe metal as the old Pantera or Metalicca type of music. But really metal has changed in the last two decades or so. Now hardcore metal is more of a "scream into the mic with all your heart kind of music". Which I think is kinda stupid figuring that I have no clue what the vocalist is singing. Alternative/Metal is singing, but it does have a yell every now and then. The first thing most people think of when they hear the word Metal is "ooh that satanic scary stuff that those crazy guys play." But the majority of the time metal is a crunchy distortioned music that sounds kool when you have a palm mute and more hard of a sound. And then there are those crazy scary guys.
    So if you would like to listen to Metal, I would recommend Breaking Benjamin primarily because they don't feed off of eating the mic. They have a soft sound that can be hard at times, with powerful choruses.
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post

Pb try listening to symphonic metal. try Nightwish, Kamelot and Within Temptation. Its not just about being angry and hate.

try this kamelot song and see if you can stand it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GOVW9GezQ0k

and Roger I love cradle of filth, behemoth and amon amarth too :D
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

I think the appeal to metal is very broad. SOme people like it because it is angry - if you are an angry person, for whatever reason - metal maybe appealing for that reason. Some people like the musicality of it as allot of metal musicians are quite well versed in their instruments. Then there is the messages of the songs - not always angry or hateful or anything like that. Some emtal bands write love songs, others write songs about politics, drugs (both for and against) etc.... I think the view of it being satanic etc.... is a bit old fashioned though, and really only a small portion of metal bands are really into that sort of thing. For some people it is a shock factor - Marylin Manosn for example - being extreme and over the top, and people like that sometimes. It's like any style of music on that regard I think. Eveyrone proably has their own rason for liking it, and it could vary from "it's good to dance to" to "it reflects my own thoughts and feelings" to "i think it's funny" - there are lots of songs i like because they are funny.

That's my opinion on the matter anyway.