Thread: So I got some unlabeled zildjians...

User Info Menu

Default So I got some unlabeled zildjians...

I have some old zildjians (20" and 22") that I got as part of a purchase a few years ago. On top, they look like old A's, dirty and some patina, but the underside, has that orange look of b8 bronze. Other than what I think are thin stamps, there are no markings for the cymbals. My questions are, does b8 bronze actually look different from b20 bronze? Or is there just an extra finish to b20's to give them that golden cymbal look?
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Default Re: So I got some unlabeled zildjians...

Here is something that may help you identify your cymbal if it is an A Avedis.

User Info Menu

B8 does have a more orange look to it, due to the higher copper content. All kinds of things can cause color fluctuations in cymbal patina, especially environmental factors. Usually the stamp, hammering, and lathing are more indicative of series than color. Post some pics
    The answer to all "Which one should I buy?" questions is the same. Play them and choose the one that sounds best to you.

User Info Menu

pictures? the lathing will give it away
    -Steven