Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Love This Site Because.....

User Info Menu

Default I Love This Site Because.....

I love this site because of the people and the camaraderie between the drummers here. I really enjoy coming here everyday, reading my drumming buddies posts, hearing what they have been up to, what they are doing with their drumming and just overall hanging out with a bunch of great musicians....

How about you, what are some of the things you love about this site.

User Info Menu

I love this site because there are a lot of good, down to earth people on here who enjoy talking about music, drumming, or whatever comes to mind. Most of the people on here are not offensive, do not criticize (unless asked to do so), are very helpful, and ,most importantly, respect the other people here. I have been to a few other sites that all people do is complain about how pitiful their lives are and bash on other people just to make themselves feel better. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Thank you Drum Chat for giving me a pleasant place to hang out and thank you su admin and drummer for keeping it that way!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I agree with you both, DC and 1DB. I really enjoy the sense of camaraderie (had to check your post to see how to spell that, DC). From the time before I was a member, I noticed that even when there was serious disagreement on some of the threads, there was still a sense of respect, and when it got heated, I noticed that people apologized if they went too far.

I also appreciate the knowledge that is present here, and the willingness of people to share their knowledge without making others feel put down for not knowing. I also have to say that when I let people know about my new granddaughter, I really appreciated the good wishes from the drumming community here at DrumChat. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully express what that meant to me!

As 1DB said, thank you su admin, and drummer for making this site the great place that it could be, and thank you to all those who post here. I appreciate you all! I know that not everyone believes as I do, but please allow me, as a pastor, to say God's blessings to you all!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default I love Drum Chat because...

...I like to flirt with Drum Chick.

Seriously; I used to be a member of a band forum years ago and there was always a lot of rude comments and flaming going on. So when Drum Bum asked me if I wanted to be involved with Drum Chat, I jumped all over it. I love this group and it's so cool to have ongoing friendships with respectable people that you don't really know, but that share a such a common passion for drumming.

Oh, and I can't get enough of these smileys!

Top Drum Sites

User Info Menu

Cool I Love This Site Because...

It's been said that drummers stick together (okay, bad pun but a good point), and I've met so many drummers--from 10-year-olds just starting out to dudes like me in their 50s with mucho experience--and almost to a person they're friendly, helpful and supportive of each other.

As a hand percussionist, I was welcomed like a "'bro" (pun intended) by other hand drummers who've shared their tricks and riffs with me (especially 1DB...I am firmly convinced we were separated at birth )--and vice versa...

and as a percussionist in my church's guitar group, I've found that I'm not the only bongo-banger in church...(big fives to pb, A2M, amputechture, and all the others!)

I have never met any of you--and if the opportunity ever arises, I hope it does!--but every time I post a comment, do some shouting, or even get a private message, I feel like I'm talkin' with an old--uhh, make that a long-time--friend!

Thanks, drummer, for your watchfulness on the posts--and that inimitable wit of yours!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I like this place because the majority of people here will get your back or anyones back in the matter if someone jumps on someone elses back. Also its just amazing when we can talk to drummers, some pro, all this knowledge we can get here is absolulty amazing. we are getting knowledge that could be worth big bucks, but its all free, and we have a good time while were at it. I remember someone saying, "Iv gotten more knowledge here in i have gotten in a year" now thats cool. I had SO many questions when i entered this chat, hence my thread number lol... but now i have hard time thinking of questions. this place just rocks!

User Info Menu

I love this site because everyone is nice and everyone answers my newbie questions properly and nicely too. And also its incredible to see different people of all ages with one common interest. Although I'm kinda new to the chat I already feel a sense of belongingness :D
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

I love this site cos its a bit better than drummerworld forum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    ...I like to flirt with Drum Chick.

LOL

User Info Menu

<whistles>

User Info Menu

I think that Drummer is actually DC's husband and she is living a secret double life.

drums-rock Guest

i love this site because of all the people that are so friendly and helpful

hhhmmm im not sure if i believe you there vinny but i think ive seen DC's husband on my space and i think hes called something else lol :S

User Info Menu

mabye its all a scam, <puts pinky beside mouth>

User Info Menu

drummer and drum_chick sitting in a tree..........

User Info Menu

K_I_S... ok im not even gonna get this started :P

User Info Menu

Cool I Love This Site Because...

with apologies to Gloria Estefan...

"Uh oh, uh oh, fallin' in love, fallin' in love again...Uh oh, uh oh, and I don't want to know it, no! ...Uh oh, uh oh, fallin' in love again, uh oh, uh oh, fallin'! Fallin'..."

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

All I can say is that drummer better be careful. I've seen pics of DC's hubby!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

I'll pray for myself.

User Info Menu

Made me laugh, big time!! If you get in any trouble, use this:

User Info Menu

you guys are awsome

User Info Menu

Ditto for you, and many others around here!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I like the awesome pay and full bennies!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I'll pray for myself.

User Info Menu

GROUP HUG

I just really think this is just a great site, I have learned SO MUCH, met some incredible people and drummers, and made alot of cool new friends.