Thread: Drum Endorsements??????

User Info Menu

Default Drum Endorsements??????

any tips on this
    Foiled- to be cut off at the knees, to obscure or confuse.

User Info Menu

IP, there was a good article in Modern Drummer magazine, this month, on endorsements. You might want to see if there are any August copies left.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

what is an indorsment?

User Info Menu

It's when you play for a touring band or are a real good, recognized drummer and you endorse a manufacturer (Tama, Pearl, Sonor, etc.), and they give you stuff (like drumsets) for free or really deep discounted. But you also give up your rights to your likeness and you have to do things they ask you to do (like photo shoots, ads, etc.) AND you can't be seen in public playing anything but what you endorse. Meaning you can't play a Tama set at one of your shows if you endorse Pearl.

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

wow, its a real trade off. wonder if its even worth it.,

User Info Menu

I think it would be worth it if you were really sold on a brand. Take Stix518 (sorry, but we're got another Stix in here now) for example. He's a Sonor guy all the way. Even after playing the DW kit in the studio, he's still loyal to his Sonor kit. Why wouldn't he endorse Sonor drums, if he had the chance?

Just remember that you aren't endorsing to make a name for yourself. You have to make a name for yourself first, then you sell your name and likeness to the company that you endorse. An article I read in Modern Drummer, this month, does point out that endorsements in the music industry is not like endorsements in the sports industry, simply because there are more people buying sports equipment than there are people buying music equipment. Endorsements won't make a musician rich.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

how do you get endoursments, just by drummin in public and stuff? yea i definatly would not endorse at all right now, mabye in a lot more years when i find my true love (drum wise hehe) . you could just quit endorsing couldnt you? and then ud be home free!

User Info Menu

If I got the chance, I'd jump at the opportunity to be endorsed by Pearl. I love everything they make.

Looking at every major drummer, they are all signed to something. I guess they found what works for them and stuck by it. That isn't to say you can't change sponsors, a lot of people mix around to get the best deals or to experiment with other wares.

I guess the only way to gain an endorsement is to make a name for yourself. If you want to get noticed by an international company, you want to know your stuff. You should probably have people leaving your shows gobsmacked. I guess that's the only way to get noticed, by being better than the rest.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

I think the only endorsement that I will ever hope for is maybe the endorsement of my bishop! I am secretly hoping that when I get to heaven God will take me aside and say, "About that drumming thing, I was really enjoying that!" That would be the greatest endorsement deal I could ever have - my drumming linked with God's name!

Sorry if this should be in the Christian section. Forgive me, but I just couldn't resist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I think the only endorsement that I will ever hope for is maybe the endorsement of my bishop! I am secretly hoping that when I get to heaven God will take me aside and say, "About that drumming thing, I was really enjoying that!" That would be the greatest endorsement deal I could ever have - my drumming linked with God's name!

Sorry if this should be in the Christian section. Forgive me, but I just couldn't resist.
    LOL NICE!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

that would be something PB! I can TOTALLY see that happen'n for yea

User Info Menu

Cool endorsements?

Until recently I would have been a poster child for LP, but I've been impressed by the Remo Crown hand drums...that's one problem with endorsements, since once you sign the dotted line, you have to stay an endorser for the length of your contract, even if a company comes out with stuff you wouldn't be caught dead playing, much less alive...

Actually, pb, your concept of an "endorsement" from God is better than any deal I can think of...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

the problem with endorsements seems to be that if you like more than one manufacturer then your out of luck. like if you endorse dw and you like the warlord snares from tama (amazing snares by the way) you cant play on them outside of your home. is your freedom realy worth a discount? i understand endorseing hard ware because i wont use any hardware but dws, thats just because its the best hardware. but not drum endorsement those i dont understand.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

totally true m,an

User Info Menu

so what if: you a not so popular guy and you spend a fortune for a kit. then you get famous and you still use that expensive kit you have and that kit's company gives you a contract, what would the company give you?
    Paiste Posse
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

User Info Menu

well it depends on what you want and how big you are for example tama made mike portny a costom mirage kit for only 2 thousand bucks. but dream theater is huge and they will make tons off of it, the same with joey jordinson of slipknot, pearl gave him a full kit for free and built it costom to him and now sell that kit for 3 thousand a pop, but hes huge, but if your with a smaller band then they might make you signature sticks(zildjain) or maybe a costom paint job on shells that you pay full price for(pearl) or sometime if you break something they will replace it with there best like pedals, or racks, ect (dw.) it depends on how big you are and how big the manufacturer is.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

I see. thanks for clearing that out
    Paiste Posse
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

User Info Menu

no prob

User Info Menu

how about for cymbal companies? do they just give you discounts of their high end stuff?
    Paiste Posse
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

User Info Menu

the cmybol companies are an actualy good deal because not only do the give hugh discounts they costom make. lets say for instacne if you were a zildjain endorsey and you wanted a twelve inch fast crash in the k costom dry series. now the k costom dry crashes are discontinued (and i miss them so they were butiful.) and didnt come in a 12 inch theres a big possiblity that they will make it for you and then sell it to me for 400-800 dollors depending on how much it cost to make. just because people are allways wanting more cybol sounds.

User Info Menu

Being indorsed would be wicked. And i would love it.

I would only do it to my conditions tho.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

i dont know if they would let you unless your pert, or moon, or maybe barker. untill then they would probably tell you want the conditions were.