The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

drums-rock Guest

hhmmm might learn it its an ace song too

User Info Menu

ya i just learned that song the other day

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

Yh I really like the Chili Peppers and I learened By The Way Not Long ago. I love to play it and play it all the time.

User Info Menu

good song thats fo sho

User Info Menu

did u guys learn that song in like lessons or did u look up a tab. or just learn by ear

User Info Menu

Every one should learn skinny sweaty man on kit :P There is a challenge for all! :>

I use to play in a RHCP cover band :P I got kicked out and they lost gigs because of it, So that was funny :P

For reference i was 5 years yonger than everyone and didnt have a kit (we kept borrowing one) But for the genre... I was prolly best drummer down here for that that wasnt taken and they used a very poor metal drummer for it instead :P They lost the gig, they broke up not long after :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Is this a fairly easy song to learn?

User Info Menu

Ellruss, I always learn by ear, but others learn differently depending on their drum education I guess.
    And DrumChick, the song uses alot of quick tom fills during the verses, but at the same time uses only single bass like all RHCP songs. Its not "fairly easy" but yet not fairly hard either if you catch my drift.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I just jam along to it. I haven't nailed it, but I can get the general feel of the song, and I feel where the tom fills go.
    Edit: Oh yeah, speaking of fun songs, has anyone heard Animal by Pearl Jam? It's ridiculously easy to play and it's extremely fun as well, it's got such a groove to it.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    I just jam along to it. I haven't nailed it, but I can get the general feel of the song, and I feel where the tom fills go.
    Edit: Oh yeah, speaking of fun songs, has anyone heard Animal by Pearl Jam? It's ridiculously easy to play and it's extremely fun as well, it's got such a groove to it.
    thats what i do, i dont learn the song exactly i just jam to it using feel, and the better at drumming i get, the more "techical" I can get with that song.