Thread: Need some help

User Info Menu

Default Need some help

OK, I purchased a set of Ludwig ROCKERS. They have the large Rocker badge with the word Rockers in bold print. Sounds funny but that is one of the reasons I made the purchase. That and great sound. Now what I want to know is - can anyone put a production period to this set. They also have full length lugs (a rod from top to bottom lug)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Need some help

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
    OK, I purchased a set of Ludwig ROCKERS. They have the large Rocker badge with the word Rockers in bold print. Sounds funny but that is one of the reasons I made the purchase. That and great sound. Now what I want to know is - can anyone put a production period to this set. They also have full length lugs (a rod from top to bottom lug)
    Wolfeyes, welcome to DC..............not 100% positive, but I think Ludwig made them in the mid-to-late eighties. Can you post a pic? may help us identify them better

User Info Menu

web search says they're at least from 1994. Maybe '94-'98? The key being the long lugs.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
    Is this what the badge looks like?

1990's Ludwig Rockers

Also, I believe that if they have serial numbers, you can look them up on Ludwig's website.
    Last edited by DrummerD; 04-09-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Hey, like the handle. Welcome to the forum.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

As far as I know, this series ran from 1984-1998. The set itself existed before then using other names such as standards and s/l, but it hadn't taken the rocker name yet. The way it was made and where varied depending on the year.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Oops, my bad.

Welcome to DC wolfeyes!
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman