Thread: this 1's for CHEEEZ

User Info Menu

Default this 1's for CHEEEZ

hey man, you were talking about a pair of white big sticks, what was the brand name called again? i went to my music store today and they were big, white and the guy said they were marching band sticks, so i guess those were the 1's u were talkin about, I would've bought em but it was the last pair, accept there was only 1 stick... someone lost the other 1 guess or stole it.

User Info Menu

Ch33zz sorry lol

User Info Menu

Haha,

The sticks i were talking about were the ralph hardimon stick's, theyve got the usual vic firth logo on them, with ralph's signature, by a logo that says corp master, And i dont think they bother painting the actual head anymore

For a big description

User Info Menu

Saw those at the music store today. Those are majorly big sticks!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Majorly big is also majorly fun! =D

But for some reason, they like, seem to flake in a piece, and i cant stand that, so i pull it and it seems to pull a huge sliver out of the stick

But then again, i am the rimshot king, and 95% of our songs involve a lot of rim action, like clicks, meaning if you march, these might last you 2-3 weeks

Stock up if you march, if you just practice, like on a snare, or on a pad, these will last a bit on one pair

User Info Menu

yep, those are the ones i saw, or (one) rather. im lookin forward to using em.

User Info Menu

Do you march, or are you planning on like building chops on set?

User Info Menu

well ill be using them during rudiments and hey, maybe ill use them for everyday drum set playing. and doing rudiments (thats a must).

User Info Menu

Hmm, set playing may not be the best if your doing cymbals, these chip, and if your not OCD about it like i am, its ok, but if you are, your gona pull then, and create huuuuge gashes down the sides

User Info Menu

you should get dennis delucia's, they're really friggin heavy...and dense...not very long though :/
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    well ill be using them during rudiments and hey, maybe ill use them for everyday drum set playing. and doing rudiments (thats a must).
    I wouldn't use them for set playing, they'll probably dent your heads
    The egg approves!

User Info Menu

well i think ch33z does, so i dunno, i think they'd be good: O

User Info Menu

nah, i dont use them for set, i put them to a pillow and work my chops, then i pull a pair of 2B's and can rip around the set

User Info Menu

oh okay :P

User Info Menu

yea, trust me man, you get a good paraddidle, with a nice wrist stretch, and you feel so much looser, and stronger, 2B feels like 7A to me now, i havnt touched anything lower than 2b since ive gotten hardimons though, ive used SD1, Hardimon, 2B and some tenor mallets at most since ive gotten them, and most people find 2b fat, hehe, 2b is nothing

User Info Menu

dude.. ur like the heavy stick dude lol, i went to pick up some of those white sticks.. but theres still only one there.

User Info Menu

Wow. I think 5B is fat!

User Info Menu

Me too!!!
    How wrong we were?

User Info Menu

Nah. I dont think im wrong.

User Info Menu

haha, ive always been into the big fat sticks, since the locla music store back when i was a tot to drumming only carried the brand that the high school used that year and 2B, i picked up 2B and got used to the heavy fat stick, 2B is to light for me now even, i find myself wanting more weight, and a fatter feel in my hand