3 12.50%
  • o.k

2 8.33%
  • bad

0 0%
  • bleurch!

3 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's your most wanted drum kit?

User Info Menu

Default what's your most wanted drum kit?

what is the drum kit on your wish list. this is mine. the tama warlord exotix 2007. it is beautiful!!! and it has bubinga wood so gooood!
    http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/world/dist.../frame_uk.html
    it's on there!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by styx; 08-24-2007 at 06:19 AM.
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

I'm wiht you styx - that thing is my ultimate kit. I want it with Remo Ebony pinstripe heads on all the toms and Remo Powersonic beater head on the kick - that is my ultimate setup (not counting cymbals or hardware obviously) Don't know what head i want on the snare yet.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

im getting my dream kit...
    Peral reference 9 piece double bass in purple craze finish
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

I agree that the Tama Warlord is a beautiful kit. There are several of them for sale here in Tennessee. One of them is at the music store where I take my lessons. It's beautiful, and listed at $6,999.00! Too rich for me!

Although it's a beautiful kit, I have to say that I think there are also some other beautiful kits out there. I, personally, like the look of PDPlayer's kit, and the natural finish look of funkymcstain's kit. I also like the look, and sound, of my own kit - and I got it for a lot less than the Tama Warlord! Sure, the Warlord is a beautiful kit, but it's not the only game in town. I'd have to say that If I had the money to buy the Warlord, I'd probably use the money to look at the DW exotic wood kits.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

That Tama Warlord kit is a beauty. I'm happy with my current low end kit right now
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

i love the kit and the sound of bubinga. i feel sorry for you ppls in the usa. $6,999 , i mean i can gt it for about £3,000 , but thts still realy the same and all i'm saying is tht this is a beautiful kit, nt that there aren't nicer or better ones out there. has any1 heard of a kit, i think it's called an aykotie, or something like that, my drum tutor bought 1 and he said it was a very rare kit, any1else heard of it?
    Last edited by styx; 08-24-2007 at 12:39 PM.
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

Are you asking about Ayotte, Styx? If so, here's the link: http://www.ayottedrums.com/gallery/t...s.php?album=10
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

i don't know, it's probably them because he said his had wooden hoops and it had a name like that. thanks pastor bob
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

pearl masterworks, no dw exotic, maybe tama bubbinga, or do i want a brady custom kit? perhaps ayotte, naw, c&c abalone kits......screw it i dont know.

all of those would fit into my dream kit catagory. i would have a hard time deciding.

it would prolly be a pearl masterworks in reference specs. trans black burst over waterfall bubbinga vaneer, with satin chrome hardware. here is a photoshop pic of it.

User Info Menu

nice
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

The Warlords are a sweet kit but I must say, the ONLY kit I would trade mine in for would be a Sonor DeLite.

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

You are consistent, Stix518!! That's one of the things I like about you!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stix518 View Post
    The Warlords are a sweet kit but I must say, the ONLY kit I would trade mine in for would be a Sonor DeLite.

Stix
    what about the sonor sq custom kits?

User Info Menu

Check out the SQ2 in "X-ray Acrylic." Man, that would be like playing a ghost kit! They've got some great finishes in both the SQ2 series, and the Delite series!

But . . . must . . . uphold . . . Gretsch . . . drums!

User Info Menu

i like sonor kits. but theyr just so expensive. i mean i no the warlord is too but its 3000 for a five piece. where a sonor bass drum could cost 2000 on its own. i saw in rhythm magazine once. a sonor kit, blue acrylic with... like tube christmas lights in the drum.
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

i'm with you on this one styx. that kit is wat i would call the "truth". sad thing is my broke butt couldn't afford that. i could sell my truck and still not have enough. lol.

User Info Menu

Guys, the Acrylites are really, really nice and the SQ's - Dang nice but with the SQ's I'd be afraid to take them anywhere!! RE: the Acrylites, I am having a tough time getting over my aversion to them based on what went wrong with the Luddy, original Fibes and early Sonor acrylic sets - spider cracks, seam splits, color separation, clouding, fading, temp. variation impacting tonal quality, etc. - I know, I know, different technology, better manufacturing and all that but it's like buying a car (another big investment) and getting a lemon... if your first Chevy was a bust, you probably wouldn't buy another one no matter how good they get. With wood (especially with the higher priced name brand sets like Sonor, DW, Yamaha, etc.), you know what your getting - even sight unseen. Just my opinion though and all the sets you speak of are very, very nice and I wouldn't complain or return it if someone simply decided to give me one.

(SFX: Heavy Breathing) PB (Luke), come to the dark (Sonor) side!!

Stix
    Last edited by Stix518; 09-01-2007 at 01:30 PM.
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Stix518, you make good sense. It just goes to show how easily my head came be turned by a pretty . . . drum kit! It is important to think about all the issues that come with any kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stix518 View Post
    (SFX: Heavy Breathing) PB (Luke), come to the dark (Sonor) side!! Stix
    Almost did, man! Almost did!

User Info Menu

I'd love to have a Mapex Saturn set. With metallic orange fading into black...ahhh.....
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

My most wanted kit is Danny Carey's Paiste Alloy 7 piece. I saw and heard it at the concert after seeing it on the Lateralus interview and drueled every moment of it's playing.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

why not an orion. 13drummer. cinnamon fade.
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

Id like some Kumu drums.

User Info Menu

My own custom design made by DW.

User Info Menu

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by vinnysimmo View Post
    Id like some Kumu drums.
    i is wid u on this 1 vinnysimmo. just dunno which 1 i'd pick.

i'v gt sum gigs coming up. i'll be saving 4 a warlord masai bubinga snare. yeeee

if i can't have the full kit. i'l just have the snare
    Last edited by styx; 09-02-2007 at 04:57 PM.
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

i love the sound of the babinca but i would make it a double bass with different tom sizes but it is amazing. allthough the ice kit that they made for mike portny ware everything is see though look a lot more wicked.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound