Thread: Transporting E-drums

User Info Menu

Default Transporting E-drums

Hi,

I don't have a car, and would like to rely on the very good public transport where I live if possible. My question is how do e-drummers transport their equipment?

I have the dtx500, with 2 135 cymbals and the 12" snare. Ideally, I just want to remove all the pads and the computer, and not take apart the rack. The main goal is that I could carry everything by myself in one trip.

I have suitcases and rucksacks, and can invest in cases if there is something which will really work.

Thanks for any suggestions...

User Info Menu

Default Re: Transporting E-drums

Get yourself a case on wheels. I have a Protection Racket case on wheels for all my acoustic hardware, which is much heavier than your ekit!

User Info Menu

ok, any particular models? also, hardware can rub against each other, but hardware and pads isn't an option...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgziegler View Post
    ok, any particular models? also, hardware can rub against each other, but hardware and pads isn't an option...
    Not my hardware! 5047W. Go to their site, they have three different sizes on wheels. I cover all my stands individually with sheets.

User Info Menu

The set comes in several boxes which would be difficult to size down, even then itll still be rather large, its up to how much youre willing to carry.